HID's not working?

Rob_DC5

Advanced Member
Both HID's were working fine, then turnt them on nothing working, checked both 20 amp fuses in the engine bay both ok, swapped them with new just to be sure still nothing. Can hear relay click when I turn stalk on/off.

But how do I know if it's the bulbs or ballast? As both left and right have strangely died at the same time?? I've swapped everything around bulbs/ballast still nothing.

Any help would be much appreciated. Dont want to buy a whole new kit if not needed

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi.

I've recently gone through this and it can be painful, trying this and that hoping to drop onto the fault. It's strange though that both ballasts and bulbs have failed at the same time.

My fault only involved one side so it looked as if it was going to easy to rule out one or the other, but it didn't work out like that.

I had to bite the bullet and pay the right man. He pulled out the arch liners as he was reluctant to remove the front end. He found the fault, a gunged up wire which he re-soldered and shrink wrapped.

I'm sorry I can't put a finger on the right direction to go. You might have to bite the bullet.

Regards.

Rob_DC5

Advanced Member
Ok I took the plunge and purchased the ballasts and bulbs, installed today. Still nothing re-check relay and fuses all good.

Very odd.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi.

I had the EP3 fog light switch wired in and for some reason the guy who did it ran a wire through the bulkhead to the offside headlight, rather than wiring it into the headlight switch.

I'd printed the fitting advice that some of the forum members had proved worked.

It was this wire to the headlight that was open to all the muck and spray that was at fault.

Regards.

Rob_DC5

Advanced Member
Ok, so it's fixed... rookie error to say the least :(

So I thought I checked every fuse.. turns out it already had an aftermarket kit fitted with a large 30amp inline fuse from the battery to the loom tucked down out of the way. Burnt out. Swapped fuse new kit working. Well at least I have a spare kit should one fail in the future.