HID's

BlueFin

Does anyone if these are OK for the UK i.e. they don't get removed after/due to the SVA?

Parm

Evs

Advanced Member
Yes I think they're fine - mine's got them & I haven't been arrested (yet...) :wink:

I don't know what happened about the SVA test though, whether they were replaced for the test or left in situ, sorry.

T666YPR

They are normally replaced for the Esva test and put back afterwards.

You're meant to have headlamp washers for Hid's in UK,so not strictly legal on our DC5's.
(refer to Mazda RX8 192,no washers so can't have Hid's unlike the 231 which has headlamp washers)

chris cc

Authorised Advertiser
Hi,

If they are illegal without washers, does having HID's cause any problems when it comes to mot time? I haven't scrutinised the headlights yet but i think mine might be hid's also.

chris

hannan

shouldn't have probs as the MOT test checks for alignment of beam and not if they have headlamp washers. You should be ok, the Accord TYpe-R had very similar lights and we don't fail them on MOT's. Honda class them as self levelling HID lights on the Accord TYpe-R, just like the DC5

chris cc

Authorised Advertiser
Thanks for your reply Hannan.

I have another year and a bit till mot time so i'm sure plenty of others will have been for tests and ok'ed by then.
They sure are brighter than any other headlights i've had.

chris

Duncs

out for ESVA in for MOT. MOT should not be a problem.
For ESVA has to meet the following:
they have to be washing, have to be
self leveling as well, 'E' kite mark and
' is accompanied by evidence of compliance with the
tech requirements of UN ECE'
what ever that is !!
the rules may change soon as so many cars
are now fitted, but for now, not for the ESVA

my esva is 8am tomorrow !!