High quotes

impne

Advanced Member
Not having much luck this year

Was with flux who I normally use but £400
Tried sky and couple of othes but nothing lower

45 with no points etc good area car alarmed and in locked and alarmed garage with 3000 miles max

Some mods

Very surprised I can‘t get it lower than this

Ins ran out 21st

Think just going to leave it for now and phone around again in a few months, it‘s tucked away behind my old Visa in the back of the garage

Neil@Greenlight

Authorised Trader
Seems expensive if im honest especially bearing in mind the mileage you do a year, Postcode can have a massive bearing on insurance so do you live in a high rated postcode or have any driving bans that could be pushing it up?

Feel free to drop me a message on here be happy to look at a quote for you personally.

Kind Regards
Neil

impne

Advanced Member
Driving bans😳
I‘m an old bloke drives like Ms Daisy and in very good postcode very low risk
I did try yourselves twice before but the questions along the lines of experience in a fast modified car was a stumbling block for yourselves even though since June 1990 I‘ve always had performance cars, first one at 18 Vauxhall chevette HS 2.3
I‘ll give you a buzz over next few weeks see what happens this time but I‘m in no rush as fed up being on the phone now lol

carl hammond

Advanced Member
impne said:
I did try yourselves twice before but the questions along the lines of experience in a fast modified car was a stumbling block for yourselves even though since June 1990 I‘ve always had performance cars, first one at 18 Vauxhall chevette HS 2.3
This is why I‘m not with green light, they said the same too me, before the DC5 I had a break (run about mg zr) whilst trying to find an nsx or something very rare, then deceased on a DC5 until one came up that I fancied. When I called they asked about my previous cars but seem to have Ignored my cars all pre the mg zr me said I‘ve no experience in performance cars, yet the car I had before the mg was my top secret japan built R33 GTR v-spec running a Nur spec 2 race engine with 800whp (circa 1100 bhp on its hugest boost setting), and like you performance cars going back til I was 17 (now coming up 38 in April).

I too hardkyvuse the car and am in a very good postcode with 24/7 security driving about the area, two years running green light have failed to get close unfortunately as I did want to go with them.

I‘ll pm you who im with mate, did you look at my insurance thread / list?

Carl

@ Neil, is this something that can be looked into?

Thanks Carl

impne

Advanced Member
Cheers Carl

Suppose if you have issues getting a quote due to the daftness ( my opinion) what will claiming be like?

It‘ll get sorted at some point but I‘m more focused on rebuilding my Visa Gti at the moment anyway so no great rush

impne

Advanced Member
My better half phoned flux again today as she was a bit worried incase someone stole the car with it not being insured 😐

Anyway they quoted £340 this time but excess was £400😳

I had a word and said if you do £300 and £250 excess I‘ll sign and they did.

Strange as I‘ve pushed all the ins companies I‘ve phoned like this even flux and they wouldn‘t budge but did this time?

Anyway it‘s a price I‘m happy to pay and the terms are acceptable so seems it‘s sunny think it‘s coming out today👍

carl hammond

Advanced Member
impne said:
My better half phoned flux again today as she was a bit worried incase someone stole the car with it not being insured 😐

Anyway they quoted £340 this time but excess was £400😳

I had a word and said if you do £300 and £250 excess I‘ll sign and they did.

Strange as I‘ve pushed all the ins companies I‘ve phoned like this even flux and they wouldn‘t budge but did this time?

Anyway it‘s a price I‘m happy to pay and the terms are acceptable so seems it‘s sunny think it‘s coming out today👍
Result mate that‘s more acceptable :)

JDM-DC5

Advanced Member
My insurance this year fully comprehensive with Greenlight is £550, Boosted 400bhp+ all modifications declared. Last year with Sainsburys my quote was 360, all modifications declared but that was NA. I'm 29 and 11 years no claims. I'm also in Northern Ireland but I thought it was a reasonable quote.

kev02dc5

Advanced Member
ye don't don't how lucky ye are to have quotes like that. I got quotes from 1200 euro to 3500. Im 33 full no claims, etc etc. I think ill move to England