History of this car

emmsyDC5xx

Advanced Member
You thinking of getting back in a DC5 ?? 👍🏽

Any idea of the reg? I‘d just be wary of no rear badges or side stickers coupled with the fact it‘s in Birmingham mate.

I‘d never buy a car from Birmingham (personally) x

Cennix1

I saw a white DC5 from Birmingham before I bought mine in 2015, this would have been maybe August 2015 or thereabouts?... and it was a total mess. If there was any exchange of ownership around that time I'd stay clear!

Couldn't even open the bonnet, it had clearly been binned when seeing it in person, like Emmsy I wouldn't ever consider going to Birmingham to buy a car now.

But I can't say it looked anything like that, it looked pretty much stock back then.

Cam

Advanced Member
Looking at the seller's other items - "nabeeshahza-3" :-k .......... they've got a few cars for sale... obviously this DC5 has also been bought on the cheap to sell and make a quick quid.

Bodywork looks shabby and poorly fitted in general. Also zero feedback on the account? Dodgy.

Stick with cars from this site - at least you know they've almost certainly been looked after by another enthusiast.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
emmsyDC5xx said:
You thinking of getting back in a DC5 ??

Any idea of the reg? I‘d just be wary of no rear badges or side stickers coupled with the fact it‘s in Birmingham mate.

I‘d never buy a car from Birmingham (personally) x
Cennix1 said:
I saw a white DC5 from Birmingham before I bought mine in 2015, this would have been maybe August 2015 or thereabouts?... and it was a total mess. If there was any exchange of ownership around that time I'd stay clear!

Couldn't even open the bonnet, it had clearly been binned when seeing it in person, like Emmsy I wouldn't ever consider going to Birmingham to buy a car now.

But I can't say it looked anything like that, it looked pretty much stock back then.
Dazaturbo said:
Mine will be back up for sale shortly and the history is well documented on here and around the same price range

http://www.itr-dc5.club/forum/index.php?/topic/45187-dazaturbos-dc5-take-2/#entry470726
Cam said:
Looking at the seller's other items - "nabeeshahza-3" :-k .......... they've got a few cars for sale... obviously this DC5 has also been bought on the cheap to sell and make a quick quid.

Bodywork looks shabby and poorly fitted in general. Also zero feedback on the account? Dodgy.

Stick with cars from this site - at least you know they've almost certainly been looked after by another enthusiast.
Cheers guys appreciate the feedback.

I'm close to having some money through within the next week to two weeks but I have my heart set on getting a kit car. I've always wanted one but I found out yesterday that it's highly unlikely I am going to get a mortgage on a property beyond 116k which means I am not likely to find a house with a garage, so I won't be able to store a Kit car. I am gutted if truth be told but I need to work out some maths properly as things are a bit hectic at the moment and I need a clear head before I know what's what.

As a fallback option is another Teg, I've missed mine massively since selling and there isn't much out there that is taking my fancy bar an E46 M3 which I can't afford to run and service, or a MK7 Fiesta ST which I really like but everyone has one so it's highly likely as things stand I will be back in a Teg in a few weeks time. If so I am not going to rush it this time, I'm going to choose wisely and will likely go CW this time too.

Daza - I really like yours btw and will certainly be interested but I am looking at various ones at the moment. Have you still got all the mods, plated diff etc on it? I'm ideally seeking one that's modified (KPRO, exhaust, FD preferably), not after a standard one but not one that's been stupidly modified either.

Cheers.

Marc

p1tse

Advanced Member
dotty said:
Crazyleg, a great and honest member on here

Good luck whatever happens.

Have you considered a cheaper option and save any extra funds you have towards a property, such as an ep3?

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
Yes mate mine is still the same spec as in the thread just been driving it and enjoying the car really 👍🏻

dotty

Advanced Member
Just get an fk8 , best type R going 🤷🏻‍♂️

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
dotty said:
What's so funny chuckles? I can't afford an FK8 plus they sound crap and look like they have three bits of drain pipe as an exhaust. No doubt they are a great car to drive but we aren't all money bags like you Dotty ha ha!

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:

Have you considered a cheaper option and save any extra funds you have towards a property, such as an ep3?
Cheers dude, I'm not a massive fan of them tbh but I've never driven one in all fairness. In saying that there was a cracker on ebay a few weeks back, very heavily modified and was a real weapon but beyond what I can afford sadly.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Dazaturbo said:
Yes mate mine is still the same spec as in the thread just been driving it and enjoying the car really
Nice one mate, your for sale thread has gone. Is the build thread still on here?

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:

I second this, don't forget running costs and if anything goes wrong. Sounds like you'll be really stretching yourself for another DC5.

Get a cheap EP3 to tidy you over for a bit and get yourself a nice DC5 when you're comfortable? I don't know your position just you know how unpredictable old cars can be mate. ☺

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Nice one mate, your for sale thread has gone. Is the build thread still on here?
Yeah I took it off sale for a while I was going to try and keep it but my commute is going to be taking a pretty big jump soon so it has to go in place of some pos diesel 🙄

Here‘s the build and if you search through gok‘s posts the build from when it was imported is on there somewhere 👍🏻

http://www.itr-dc5.club/forum/index.php?/topic/45187-dazaturbos-dc5-take-2/#entry470726

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Dazaturbo said:
Yeah I took it off sale for a while I was going to try and keep it but my commute is going to be taking a pretty big jump soon so it has to go in place of some pos diesel

Here‘s the build and if you search through gok‘s posts the build from when it was imported is on there somewhere

Is yours the DC5 with the Mugen diff? Got to be worth it for the box alone!

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
SamDC5 said:

Certainly is 👍🏻 Truly is mental when it hooks up

p1tse

Advanced Member
SamDC5 said:

I‘m surprised John Green hasn‘t purchased this car just to swap over the Mugen part lol

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
I‘m surprised John Green hasn‘t purchased this car just to swap over the Mugen part lol
Hahaha don't give him ideas!

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
SamDC5 said:
Hahaha don't give him ideas!

It‘s definitely worth him doing it cause I‘ve got mugen wheelnuts too 😜😂😂