HKS exhaust fitted

dobber

Advanced Member
Fitted a HKS Hi-Power catback exhaust sytem last night. I didnt want a loud system which is why i didnt go for the Spoon (had the full system on my CTR) Have to say the quality of the HKS is excellent and the sound is oh so addictive, deep smooth sound a very good performance gain. TBH i wasnt expecting huge gains but i was more than supprised with what i got. At VTEC there is a real kick in your back as it thunders towards teh red line. Increaced torque slightly low down too. All in all a cracking buy! 8) :D :D

Would reccomend to anyone

Adz

Advanced Member
Looks Great!

How do you find the sound compares to the stock system?..
Tone?..
Volume?..

Where'd u buy from?...

£'s?....

Cheers,

Adz

:D

dobber

Advanced Member
adz said:
Looks Great!

How do you find the sound compares to the stock system?..
Tone?..
Volume?..

Where'd u buy from?...

£'s?....

Cheers,

Adz

:D
Got it from my mate Tom from TGM Sport, mention me (Duncan) and you should get a good deal. Call tom on 01252 811972

The tone is deeper than stock and sounds soooo sweeeeet. Its not to intrusive in the cabin which is good. If you run it with the bung in it souds the same as stock. HAve to admit i never run it with the bung in at all anymore, the sound is too adictive :)

dobber

Advanced Member
Spoon Sports said:
Looking very 8) mate

Engine Start :eek:
Engine idle :)
Engine warming up :D
Engine warm - Vtec :shock:

grin factor :xgrin:
Every time mate, every time :D :D

mikegsi

Staff member
ive just started suffering from the highly contagious modding bug, injen cai on its way as we speak.

this exhaust system you have put on, you say the noise is slightly deeper, and not obtrusive, im interested in an exhaust system like this, im NOT after something that sounds like thunder, just a distinguished little rumble, but not like some of the scoobs have.
take it this is just like that then?

so how much was the system? and you say its cat-back?

this could be the one for me if the cash aint too pricey, more interested about gains than noise

Spoon Sports

I think this may be the one for you

contact tom @ TGM he will be able to help you! He know's what all the different Exhausts sound like ....

8)

mikegsi

Staff member
just tried ringing, he's not in, a quick look on a different site brings it in at £290.

thats not bad and within my budget, just have to see what tom can do it for! :D

jonster

Advanced Member
He he he.

Another mod monster in the making. Your finances are now officially screwed. Welcome to the club :)

Jon

mikegsi

Staff member
thats from showstoppers, i know theres postage, duty etc to go ontop of that, but i'll have to check what tom can do it for.
ive used showstoppers before and been happy with the products, price and service.

its sounding like i may end up buying this system, just havent decided where from yet!

i take it i can quite easily add to this in the future, manifold etc, but will i have to stick with hks products?

Spoon Sports

mikegsi said:
thats from showstoppers, i know theres postage, duty etc to go ontop of that, but i'll have to check what tom can do it for.
ive used showstoppers before and been happy with the products, price and service.

its sounding like i may end up buying this system, just havent decided where from yet!

i take it i can quite easily add to this in the future, manifold etc, but will i have to stick with hks products?
Encountered a problem with buying the system from Showstoppers

The pipe diameter is not for the JDM verson of the DC5 it has been designed for the RSX for the american market with the 150PS engine!

would not be sufficient for the Uk / JDM market

(info from HKS)

Anthony