Honda Recall - Brake Problems (05-06)

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Just found this......

Think it may affect Facelift Owners only and something to keep your eye on....

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international-business/honda-recalling-18000-cars-to-fix-brakes/articleshow/20574613.cms

Honda is recalling 104,500 cars in 49 countries worldwide to fix problems with the brakes.
In the US, the recall covers more than 18,000Acura RSX compact cars from 2006 and theHonda S2000 sports car from the 2006 and 2007 model years.

About 70,000 of the recalled cars were sold in Japan. Outside the US, the recall includes the 2006 and 2007 Honda Edix, the 2006 Honda Mobilio, the 2006 Honda Spike, the 2005 and 2006 Honda Air Wave, the 2006 Honda Stream and the 2005 and 2006 Honda Integra.

Honda says some power brake booster parts weren't made to specifications. That could cause a decrease in braking power over time and could increase the risk of a crash. But the company says it doesn't know of any accidents or injuries from the problem.

Included in the recall are about 13,000 RSX compacts and 5,000 S2000s in the United States.

Honda found the problem by watching warranty claims. US owners will be notified by mail in mid-July. Dealers will replace the brake booster if needed.

coconat

Advanced Member
So me being the nosy/maybe over paranoid person I am I got on the phone to Honda recall- I own a 2005 Facelift.

They took my details, VIN number etc. but after telling them it was an import they advised they can't help as they can only view U.K recall notices on cars built here, not imports. They did tell me that I would have to take it back to the country of origin or 'call Honda Japan' but maybe that was tongue in cheek haha.

They took all details I gave from the article in case more people ring them- advised me to pop into a Honda dealership to get it checked out and if something was wrong I was covered by my warranty with my importer, but obviously this doesn't help those who have owned their car a lot longer.

Not too worried as no reported incidents but still..it is brakes. Got the day off tomorrow and i'm near the one in Newcastle so might just drop by and ask them to take a look or see what I can find out but doubtful they will know any further- the recall lady on phone is going to ring me if she can find any more info as she's going to do some digging so will post in here if there are any updates :)

DC5RS

DC5
this Honda and imports, its a HONDA why you cannot accept it :xrealangry: , i dont get it

blueguy

Resident J's whore
2004 facelift FTW.

On a serious note, if your brake pedal is starting to get harder to press then that could be a sign that your brake booster is failing. My understanding is that you won't just suddenly lose the ability to brake..

Happy to be educated otherwise.

coconat

Advanced Member
"- DC5 chassis number entered
[Results]
Repair has been completed of your car chassis number to customers on the input or not are subject to recall, improvement measures. We apologize for any worry very much.

Thank you for your patronage Honda product, Honda dealers both in the future."

Good enough for me and lol at the translation :)