Hondata ECU

Anty

Hi all.
As you all my be aware i brought Pauls DC5 and i am loving it. Iam currently considering puting the Hondata ECU onto the car to save some ££ on petrol. Any advice on where i can get this and how much it will cost??

Thanks

Trung

Advanced Member
The Hondata ECU wasnt designed to improve fuel economy.
It avaliable is a flash format or a programable version called K-Pro which offers greater flexability.

Contact http://www.cplracing.co.uk for prices.

Anty

RE

Thanks. What i really meant was to able to use 95RON instead of using optimax or BP Ultimate.
Any advices on the Hondata ECU?

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
It's worth talking to more than just CPL for prices, check the Hondata web site for dealers, for example there is also Abbey, B-Factory etc etc..

I'm sure all will charge different prices and offer a different level of service.

Back to the question, the ECU does allow you to run normal 95 ron fuel. My car is tuned to run it, and not had any problems.

The level of ECU upgrade depends on what your level of mods you plan to do to the car.

If only a cat bk exhaust and CAI intake, then the standard re-flash is fine. More advance, Cams, Super charger etc etc then K-Pro is the best bet.

Mike

BTW, I have a re-flashed ECU, talk to me if you want one of these, cheap !

Anty

Hondata

A friend quoted me £500-£600 for Hondata ECU and rolling road to make the car run on 95ron. Is this a reasonable price??? Iam not too sure which one he quoted me for.

Ive havent done any mods to my car so wat level of ECU do i need?

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
If your car is pritty much standard, then you will need just the reflash ECU. This requires no rolling road setup, so you where quoted for K-Pro one.

To make the best of the reflash though, I would advice a Cold air intake system, something like the Injen CAI.

If you want a ECU with the reflash, send me a PM to discuss.

Cheers

Mike