How far have you gone with the light on?

gonzo

Advanced Member
I know the CTR can do 40ish miles with the light on.....not that I do this all the time but how long can we go on??

Erm

Advanced Member
i dont :shock:

always keep it above 1/4 otherwise you burn up all the crap in the tank

DP.

Advanced Member
I was once forced to do around 30 miles with the light on and it was perfectly fine.... I was holding out for a Shell petrol station lol

jay.dee

Advanced Member
Erm said:

A fuel filter should prevent that... you'll not be able to start the car due to it getting clogged long before that ever happens.

reeves999999

Ah. On a trip back from London to Bristol the light came on before Swindon. I was proudly explaining how marvellous Honda fuel economy was to my nipper when it just stopped! 3 miles from home. So, 50'ish miles at 70mph with the light on on level ground. The missus was smirking for months as she owns a diesel Focus that 'goes on forever' ... nice.

Is that a record? Do I win a prize?

T666YPR

Quoted from a different thread:

"Talking of fuel saving.It's helped already.On the way back from CPL the fuel light was on from the M25 north circular 'til I could get some petrol at Toddington Services
Amazing "

I don't recall what the distance was but it was nerve-racking

gonzo

Advanced Member
Erm said:

I'm the same normally - always top it up early! But had a run last week where every petrol station I came to was shut! Then the light came on!!! Luckily the next one was open!