How much to fit new brakelines?

T666YPR

Quotes I'm getting from my local Honda dealers are coming in at £180 + VAT :shock:

Would fit them myself,but this is a very safety conscious decision to have them fitted properly.

Even so,that figure is way too much just to clip in four new hoses.

Cheaper options?

Simon

Trung

Advanced Member
Its not just clipping a few hoses. There's also time needed to bleed the brake fluid which you'll need to buy as well. I recommend Motul RBF600.
I think it took me and my mate around 3-4hours when we installed my Goodridge hoses.

I highly recommend Paul Jones at System-R to carry out the installation as hes closer to you, well experianced and his labour rate is £30+vat per hour although he does accept offers. :wink:
www.system-r.co.uk

T666YPR

Thanks Trung,

obviously I simplified it by saying simply clip in,but then again,I didn't realise it would take as long as 3-4 hours :shock: blimy.

Looks like combining 12 month service with brake hoses and oilpan is going to lower the Smirnoff sales in the area this month :(

Simon

Chuck Rusty

I think you should give the brake lines a go yourselve. All you need to do is either:

Remove the lines and take them to another garage (not a dealership) and have them make a new set for you in like 15 minutes

or

buy the pipe etc and do it yourselve.

As long as the lines stay in their clips and do not touch or rub anywhere on the chasis, MOT pass.

To bleed the brakes all you need is a mate and something to catch fluid in. It doesnt take long!

Just a suggestion to save the equivalent of a Friday and Saturday night out for me!! :p

T666YPR

Already got the pipework,that cost a bomb as it is.

To be on the safe rather than flush side of things,would rather have them done properly.

Sometimes this modding malarky costs too much :evil: :lol:

Simon

iDrew

Advanced Member
Steels in Hereford quoted me £85 + VAT

£180 is a bit OTT :shock:

T666YPR

I will have to have a word with Dave.
It'll still save some £££ to travel to Hereford if I can't get the local dealers to lower their prices.

Sharpey

Advanced Member
Christ Simon 180 quid I've been in the motor trade on and off for 30 years if you fancy a trip to Cornwall I will put them on for free and throw a bed in for the night, I fitted mine in about two hours and that was with the wife on the brake peddle.
I wish I could get £90 an hour.

Chris

Zero7

Advanced Member
I'm having new brakes fitted all round and was wondering about higher spec brake lines, but do they make that much difference?

Sharpey

Advanced Member
Only on the track really when you have to stand on the brakes, they take some of that spongy feeling away as the standard hoses swell a bit.

Zero7

Advanced Member
What's the recommened brake fluid for improved brakes, is the motel stuff any good, sorry for thread hijack.