How To...Adjust Your Clutch

maxvr6

Advanced Member
The pedal is too high for my liking and I think if I lower it, it will make it easier to brake with my left foot, if it doesn't help I can always adjust it back

Chris-DC5

Advanced Member
Just make sure once you have adjusted it there is still some free play in the pedal, othervise the clutch will never be fully disingaged and will also wear your release bearing out quickly.

Turbosnatch

Advanced Member
Im going to try this tonight. Mine is harder to get into gear high RPM, it goes in, just harder to get in. Ive got new fluid in there already so going to adjust the rod and see what happens, if that dont work il bleed the system and see how it goes

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Car's going in to get new pads tomorrow and I'm going to ask my mechanic to have a go at this for me too as the biting point is really low on mine and it scrunches nearly every time I engage second from first. Got some Honda MTF 3 oil there and going to drain and replace the clutch oil too, should see some kind of improvement I hope so I will report back.

Thanks for the useful thread too VT-DOO!

Turbosnatch

Advanced Member
Adjusted my clutch finally after endless struggles to get it into gear at high RPM, adjusted the rod a little longer so my biting point is more in the middle rather than on the floor and WOW what a difference it has made. My gears now go in like butter.

Thanks so much for this thread

VT-Doo

RushDoo
Nice!

Glad it's working for people 8)

EDIT: Just realised I've deleted the picture from Photobucket, I'll get that fixed.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Does anyone have the photos for this again as the ones on page 1 have been taken away by the OP.

Anyone got them that they can post up please?

Thanks.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
yes the picture would be very handy!

also, does anyone know if this is the same process for the ep3?

cheers

sabberjoch

Advanced Member
Thanks for this topic! had a lot of problems shifting from 1st to 2nd in the higher rpm range. Changing the gearbox oil made things a little better, but this changed the whole feel of the car! changes gears very easily and smooth now!

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Next time someone is doing this can they take pictures of how it's done as I want to pass it on to my mechanic, see if he can adjust it.

Thanks.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Next time someone is doing this can they take pictures of how it's done as I want to pass it on to my mechanic, see if he can adjust it.

Thanks.
i pm'd the OP as i want to do this on the weekend but no reply!

hoping its simple....

Mark_teg

Staff member
Ian no longer has his dc5, so doesn't come on here very often which is a shame..

However, if you stick your head in the footwell and look up (under the steering column) you should see the rod/linkage/adjuster. It's nothing special or dc5 specific, most cars have them.

HTH

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Size 12 spanner required and a very flexible body

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Cheers guys for the posts.

Rom - thanks for that picture but it's quite hard to see.

Where did you get those instructions from please?

Thanks.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
What I'll do is I'll try and print it off from work tomorrow if I can, might come out bigger as a JPEG or a GIF possibly.

Rom

Advanced Member
From the rsx manual.

If you look under your dash mate, it becomes obvious. There is only 1 12mm lock nut. And only one clutch rod / arm to adjust.