how to ged rid of EXTRA LIGHT scratches (black dc5)?????

kokos191

Hey there guys, i tried many techniques to get rid of those small scratches. They are so light that they appear only when the sun is facing the car, also if you are like 1meter away of the car even when its a sunny day you cant notice them.
Any ideas?

Thanks.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Meguiars Ultimate Compound, rub it on with a foam applicator or a microfiber cloth, then wipe, it will remove all your swirls without taking lots and lots of paint away.

That or the less abrasive Meguiars Scratch X, but sometimes I find that needs 2-3 applications before you see any results. which is good really, the less paint you remove the better.

Nothing is as aggressive as T-Cut though, my god, lol, takes your paint off.

Jones_XD

Advanced Member
You detailed the car?

meguiars do a product called scratch x and swirl x , both awesome products.

I went around my teg the other day with the scratch x and it got everything out.

if not find someone who does paint correction!!

Erm

Advanced Member
Chemical guys V line of polishes.... If its very very light swirling then V38 will do the job otherwise start off with V36 and then finish off with V38 in a 2 step process. Always remember to use a sealant or wax after you polish to protect the paint surface you've polished.

G Man

Advanced Member
They're known as holograms, how do you wash your car and what do you use? Something as simple as a sponge with one bucket can bring these back.

If the above advice doesn't work then its machine polish time.

Mike_DC5

Advanced Member
After the ultimate compound use poorboys black hole which is a glaze, its almost impossible to remove all swirls etc by hand but the glaze will fill the swirls in leaving a great finish, be sure to wax on top of the glaze afterwards.Also,machine polishing is not bad for your car if done properly.

opulent

Advanced Member
swirl marks can be polished out. i use the 3M perfect it range with rotary polisher, brilliant results.

using a glaze like Prima Amigo, poor boys black hole can help hide a lot but they will come back. maybe a good route to go down though if you want to quick fix for this time of year and then properly polish in the new year maybe?

like others has said make sure to protect the car with a wax or sealant after polishing.

marks like these are normally down to poor wash route of the car

truupR

Advanced Member
Agree with some of the above. No real way to remove swirls other than to correct them and remove them completely. This can only be achieved with a dual action or rotary polisher and a cutting compound. There's a few products from some of the more well known brands that claim to remove swirls just by applying their bottled product but all they do is temporarily fill the holograms, scratches etc for a brief period.

If you don't have access to a DA or have any experience with a rotary, you'll have to seek the aid of someone who knows how in return for some of your hard earned cash ;)

truupR

Advanced Member
ahh the joys of having a black car....when its clean... No colour looks as good as black when its spotless like that! shame it doesn't stay clean long lol :<