How to install - KAP Industries Fire Extinguisher

carl hammond

Advanced Member
To be honest this post isn’t really needed as it’s a simple task but I thought I’d post it anyway so others can do it quickly going forward:

You will receive a few things:
* Extinguisher
* Extinguisher bracket
* Seat bracket kit
* Sticker

Tools needed:
Socket set with 14mm socket
Cable ties (if you use them)

The extinguisher and seat brackets attach to one another using one small Allen bolt, but this was quite long so I’ve removed it as it was going to damage the mat/carpet and I’ve around the centre and edges used a number of small hidden cable ties (6 small and 2 larger ones) it’s actually more secure now than with the bolt.

To fit the seat bracket, online it says “ simply unbolt the front mounts of your passenger seat, slip the bracket in-between the seat and the holes, then bolt the seat back down “

The bracket was slightly too thick to fit behind (I have not yet tried by undoing the rear seat bolts to see if it allows some additional movement), so I fitted it to the front of the mount meaning the seat frame is still secured to the chassis.

97F44FB9-2FC7-4CD9-9C06-F06FF7012FD5.jpeg4BD0BB8B-0186-431B-BCDB-796F61B54079.jpegE9179E2D-1E5D-41E2-8168-3D2B85DC4667.jpeg8784353C-9932-422F-9AAB-F921DB5DCE30.jpeg

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
Cheers! Also worth noting that it’s dead easy to make your own fire extinguisher bracket - a flat piece of metal and a couple of holes - which is what I did :)

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Cheers! Also worth noting that it’s dead easy to make your own fire extinguisher bracket - a flat piece of metal and a couple of holes - which is what I did :)
100% mate, as long as the bends in the right place to mount then job done :)