Humming/abrasive noise when steering left

JamesL

Advanced Member
So basically car was imported last year it's on 45k miles, about 3 days ago I first noticed a noise when steering left, it only occurs when steering lef,t driving straight and turning right is fine. Me and my dad checked the wheel bearings this morning, all the wheels seem solid and upon rotation there's no noise or resistance. Just the slight noise of the pad contacting the disc,

Rotating the front wheels about half an inch back and forth there's a noise coming from the gearbox I have no idea if this is normal or what but I'm kinda worried as gearbox issues become expensive and a friend has suggested it could be the Diff bearings. Obviously the car is on 45k so I would be pretty gutted if it is gearbox related but just wanted some opinions on the attatched video.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/dc5james1/Mobile%20Uploads/th_trim.A675104E-DF6E-4C7E-9F9E-425166A1777E_zpsco8dk568.mp4

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Check your powersteering fluid. If its black it will need changing. Hopefully this cures your issues

JamesL

Advanced Member
I changed that about 4K ago it was like Guinness but drained it and replaced with genuine fluid

JamesL

Advanced Member
Old post, haven‘t been active, turned out to be drivers side engine mount shagged, but from underneath, looked Deceivingly fine from above