"I don't even have a DC5" from Leicestershire, UK

JChilton92

Hi everyone!

My name is Jake and I'm from Leicestershire, UK. I've joined the forum for ideas, knowledge, chatting and banter.

I'm currently still pottering about in my first car - a silver Honda Logo (GA3). It's not bad for a first car to be honest. Since it's no way near fast enough though, I tend to drive without fuel economy in mind haha!

I'm not spending any money on the Logo, I'm just saving up for my Dad's DC5.

It's a 55 plate, Championship White, Facelift, C Pack with quite a few goodies.

Interior / ICE:

Driver's seat bolster is pretty worn but Capital seating is really close by so I can just get that fixed there.

Decent sound system - good quality speakers, tweeters, amp and sub with a Kenwood double-din HU with Sat Nav.

Mugen oil temp dials and shift light.

Performance:

Mugen suspension.
Mugen Sport Brake Pads.
I think the rear disks are Mugen as well?
Mugen brake lines.
Mugen twin loop Exhaust.
Some different exhaust manifold - can't remember what it's called?! (Sounds like the early 2000's touring cars!
Spoon oil sump.
Spoon LSD.
Spoon radiator hoses.

That's it I think? Ohh It's got 6k HIDs as well

My dad might be a member on here actually, I don't know?

My plans for it once I can afford it are:

Mugen front, side and rear under spoilers. I seen that CKH had a really nice rear under spoiler but im not sure if it's Mugen just painted differently to the Mugen website?

Few Mugen / Spoon odds and sods here and there.

Anyway, I've rambled a lot. Can't wait to get the car, and can't wait to get involved on this forum.

Cheers

Jake

Chewy

Advanced Member
Now that sounds like a great spec!

You're so close I can almost smell you boy, where abouts in Leicestershire are you based?

I've never seen a CW Integra around, and there's me thinking I'm the only facelift for miles around...

Hope you get your hands on it soon.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Welcome buddy, sounds like you have it made haha

I remember the days of being in my first car dreaming about these. my dad only had a Rover 400 though....

The Logo is probably as rare as the Teg though to be fair. haha

Get some pictures up mate, :) (Teg or Logo)

James

JChilton92

Chewy: The spec is really good. I think Some chap imported it and fully Mugened it. Then decided they weren't interested. They took some of the bits off e.g. Mugen body kit and sold it back to 200bhpcars. Then my old man traded his DC2 in for the DC5. I'm near Fosse Park (south-east-ish). Where are you? Yeah you don't see many of them, I have never seen another facelift on the road! I will be buying his car late 2015 when the new Civic Type R comes out cos he's gonna get that.

Jimmer: Yeah my whole family is Honda obsessed so I caught the bug before I was even born haha. My Grandad has had every Type R going pretty much. He even had an NSX at one point.
You won't believe this but there is 3 Logos in my village (including mine). But yeah, apart from that, I never see them.

I'll get some pictures up ASAP!

Cheers for the welcome lads!

Jake

Chewy

Advanced Member
Oh man, I bet 2015 feels so far away, at least you'll still be able to enjoy the view of it until the time arrives :)

I'm based in Syston, I'm rarely ever near the Fosse Park area with working in Nottingham, so no wonder we've never crossed paths.

I'll be keeping my eyes peeled just in case though, haha.

chiltls

hello son, nice to see you on here, ps. you missed mentioning the mugen disks, front pads are ECB's red stuff, I don't thrape it on the track days ;-)