i need to insure a 19yr old ASAP Help please...

cricmcn

im 19 and have 1. the way i work it is im insured fully comp on a 1.2 corsa :D and insured the DC5 in my mothers name. worked out £1300 for both and im insured 3rd party on the Dc5. yet it is still covered shud nething happen it.
hope tht helps!

cricmcn

true.. its a risk u have to take tho. been ok so far, have had 3typeR civics and evo 8 and had to produce insurance each time an isnt a problem. as kingston says, if u hit the car wen ur drivin e.g write it off its money down the tube! :D .

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
its also illegal, so be careful, insurance companies and the BIB are wise to this.

cricmcn

how is it illegal to drive some1 elses car (as its in some1 elses name) when the car is insured and u are fully comp on ur own car? :? lol

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Boys in Blue :wink:

it is illegal as he is the main user of the dc5 which is insured in his mothers name as the main user, not his.He is not even a named driver on the policy.
He is insuring a corsa fully comp which allows him to drive another vehicle not belonging to him 3rd party only. If his name is on the logbook there is a problem

The illegal bit is the misrepresentation or deceipt towards the insurance company.
you have to sign the policy document that has asked are you the main user, his mum has to lie, lying to an insurance company is asking for trouble.

this very topic has been covered many many times on the MLR

To be perfectly honest I couldn't care less, until that is he, as an inexperienced driver crashes into my wifes/friends car injuring them, then the injured party being unable to claim due to his voided policy.
There is a good reason why this type of high performance car is expensive for the young to insure, they lack the experience on the road.

luffy

Advanced Member
good comments, however in my case my girlfriend (the 19yr old..........................hang on she's 20!!!! woops :shock: )...

anyway, she has been insured on the car for the last 2 years through my dads company policy. Now the company no longer exists we need to find insurance for her.

Not sure what to do now ?!?!?!

do i take the risk ?

cricmcn

in my case the car is Registered in the policy holders name therefore the policy will not be voided!

as for the crashing situation, as u are insure 3rd party on the DC5, insurance pays out for the other persons car if its ur fault! so at the end of the day the only risk u are takein is to urself, and tht u stand to loss money if u smash the car!

It up to yourself, if you trust her driving etc lol go ahead!

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Not sure who your insured with but the third party cover to drive someone else's car is for emergencies only.

I'd be very careful with that one as you could end up having to pay not only for your own car but the third parties aswell

cricmcn

quote from policy:

"the policy holder is insured to drive any other car third party with the permission of the owner". The car has to have MOT/Tax etc.

Sounds hard to beleive i know, but trust me its 100% legal, have been through the ins and outs with the insurance company.

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member
cricmcn said:
quote from policy:

"the policy holder is insured to drive any other car third party with the permission of the owner". The car has to have MOT/Tax etc.

Sounds hard to beleive i know, but trust me its 100% legal, have been through the ins and outs with the insurance company.
So the insurance company know you are the main driver of the car even though its in your mum's name :?:

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
its people like him that raises our insurance premium :roll:

Its FRAUD and you know it so don't try and convince others its not :!:

kingston

Advanced Member
at the end of the day if he spanks it hell lose out

insurance companies read the forums etc etc so its up to him

on another note, got 3 points ages ago and took me back up to 6 - insurance went up by 30quid but HIC just waivered it 8)

uzzi

As far as I was aware, even if you're the main policy holder on a FC insurance policy, you're still not insured 3rd party to drive another car IF your under 25?..

Am I wrong? I got told this by many insurers...

cricmcn

depends what company you are with uzzi..

BadBatz u mind tellin me how i am putting your insurance up? :? lol some off the replies you see on here really make you laugh!
you give someone advice when they ask for it and you get the usual fools on for their useful dose off slabbering! :roll:

If you've no useful advice for the lad dont go spamming his post.

Good luck.

redcap

Advanced Member
BadBadtz said:
Its FRAUD and you know it so don't try and convince others its not :!:
I agree, it is misrepresentation and if you like a form of fraud. I hope you get caught out tbh, why should you be allowed to drive the car as if you are the main driver. Really pisses me off that you can get away with this when us grown ups are paying for legitimate policies. You seem to think it's clever or funny but you won't be laughing if you get found out my friend. I suppose the least i can hope for is that it's a very expensive premium your paying.

cricmcn

Ring a company called 'Quinn Direct' and ask them if, when insured fully comp with them can you Drive another persons car thir party. The answer to this is 'YES' so how is it fraud 'my friend'?
Theres a big difference to your premiums to the 1's we have here in Ireland, you have to be atleast 25 to get a quote on 1 most places.
If i upset you 'grown ups' that im driving a DC5 at 19 i apoligise.

redcap

Advanced Member
cricmcn said:
how is it fraud 'my friend'?
It's not your car and you are driving it as if it's yours, i bet your mum never uses the car. If your insurance company is OK with this i would be amazed.

Your age is of little consequence it's what you are doing i don't agree with.

EDIT
Just re read your post and this is not quite what i thought you were doing, I thought you had insured your DC5 F/C under your mum's name with you as a named driver which i don't agree with people doing. In a way what your doing is OK but if you use the car all the time and she never uses it then that's still pretty dodgy imho.

Just looked at the age of your car and list of mods, if a copper believes it's your mum's car he's a mug. :lol: