I think my car is cursed...

CW05TEG

Advanced Member
Hi guys,

I'm seriously thinking my car is cursed. First my missus reversed her Jazz into it while I stood screaming out of our living room. Next while the car was parked up over winter, some mortar fell out of the verge on my house and hit the rear quarter panel. The same panel was then scratched again by some debris is the strong wind (within the same week!). Then this week I have had a cracked windscreen which was replaced just yesterday. And now today I have lost half of my window visor, literally snapped clean in half! Just seems to be one thing after the next at the moment.

Anyway, does anyone know how much these cost and where they can be sourced from? I'm assuming they aren't cheap from honda.

Cheers

MikeH89

Really unlucky mate.

Unfortunately they are extremely hard to find if you want genuine Honda ones, they have been discontinued so no longer available from the dealships. You'll only find them if you're lucky enough to stumble across a supplier who has a set left in stock.

I have been trying to get some genuine deflectors for mine as they are missing and I have some marks where they would have been, but no luck, unless I wanted to spend a ridiculous amount on them, like £250-300 I think (from Hond-R I think)

Good luck mate, and if you do find someone with some in stock, please let me know!

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Nightmare mate! Feel your pain, I've had my fair share of car woes lol

I hope you get it sorted and you can back out enjoying it again. :)

CW05TEG

Advanced Member
Oh no that is a nightmare! 😯

I really do prefer the oem style deflectors over the aftermarket types if I'm honest. They just look a bit more like they are supposed to be there if that makes sense?

Does anybody know if the Acura Rsx models from USA came with them from factory? Just a thought.

CW05TEG

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Nightmare mate! Feel your pain, I've had my fair share of car woes lol

I hope you get it sorted and you can back out enjoying it again. :)
Thanks mate, it's just becoming a bit soul destroying at the minute. It's the one car I have really cherished since I bought it yet it seems to attract damage. Absolutely gutting!

Just fitted my modified Teg M and it sounds amazing, so one way or another I will get it back out there again soon.

ste01

Advanced Member
Haha I think everyone has their fair share like this. Just think of the positives, you can remove the wind deflectors and make your car look better :)

Climair make aftermarket ones too if you really really want some again

Chewy

Advanced Member
Sorry to hear this, Sounds like some really poo times you've stumbled across.

RE: The mortar/strong winds. We've lost some that almost hit my DC5 in the strong winds last year (I've parked it well away now, LOL) Instead of getting the roof fixed by replacing the mortar, leave it and look into getting dry verge installed instead, Then you'll never have that issue again.

Weathertech and Climair for aftermarket.

If you want OEM, I hate to say it but get yourself on the Facebook ITR page and get a wanted thread up, as there's a number of people with scratched or sun damaged set's out there, you might just get lucky.

CW05TEG

Advanced Member
Thanks mate, I'll send out a few posts on fb and see if anybody has a used ns deflector laying around. Failing that I think I will probably just remove them both so it doesn't look strange.

In regards to the dodgy mortar in the verge, we are going to be looking at an extension this year at some point so it will all get replaced further down the line. In the meantime I'm tempted to go up there with a big stick and see how good/bad the rest of it is, hopefully get any loose bits to fall off, haha!

CW05TEG

Advanced Member
Well the Facebook ads seem to have done the trick. I have sourced another pair that actually look nearly new. Mine were always an opaque matt colour so I expected another used pair to be similar but these are nice and glossy. Just for reference I contacted Hond-r and they are asking for £300/pair for new ones, so I think the £100 he is asking for is not unreasonable really.

CW05TEG

Advanced Member
Hi all,

Just to update this, I have ended up with a set of new Climair deflectors and the Honda Access ones arrived today. I got itchy feet and decided to see what the difference was as the climairs were recommended by a friend.

Climairs:

JDM Honda Access:

I still think the oem ones look better, although others say the opposite. I prefer the darker tint and the way they just fit the upper part of the door. The climairs are made from slightly thinner plastic and have an extra bit that fits behind the mirror but I suppose it's personal preference really. Just need to decide whether to keep them, return or sell them on. 🤔