I will need new discs

Sharpey

Advanced Member
Hi Everyone,

I have a track day at Rockingham this Saturday and I know at the end of the day the discs will be bu**ered.

Anyone know where I can get a pair of (good) front discs at short notice as I have another track day booked for the 20th at Donnington.

truffs

try the new boys Jakan. The have just posted about brakes. Think its on general chat :D

jakan

Thats ok. We offer next day delivery on all our products to anywhere in the UK.

Regards

Dan

jonster

Advanced Member
Man, you've got to plan to do some serious braking to warp the stock Brembos. I hope it doesn't happen. If it does, you can usually re-face them. I've only seen it happen with Mark and Franz running half slicks.

Good luck,

Jon

Sharpey

Advanced Member
Hi Jon,

Thanks for that, I am running a similar set up to Mark, Jackson Supercharger etc. I use Hawk HP+ pads (with slicks where allowed or Yoko A48-R) and have found them very good in the past but they will warp standard discs as I have found out in the past with an Impreza and last year with a Civic-R.

This is the first track day with the DC5 and my problem is I have another at Donnington on the 20th (don't fancy coming along there are 3 DC-2s entered) and I can't find anyone with any Spoon discs in stock.

Like you suggest I will have to get them refaced if needs be but that's only any good till the next day on track.

Chris

jonster

Advanced Member
Hi Chris,

I didn't realize you had a boosted setup and run slicks. I'm didn't think Mark has a SC (unless he has sneaked one on and not told me). I know Mike has.

As far as getting other disks quickly, I can only think of ordering them from Kingmotorsports in the US. They're selling the new Mugen DC5 rotors. Alternatively, Taka Kaira in Japan are very efficient and could source Endless ones.

I gather Spoon have had problems with their discs on the S2000 and this has probably delayed the DC5 variants.

I hope you don't warp the ones you've got.

Jon

Sharpey

Advanced Member
Jon,

Thanks for the info, I think I have my Mike's and Mark's mixed up.

It must have been Mike who gave me a lot of helpful information on setting up the SC.

Chris

T666YPR

Quote from Spoon Europe:

"Spoon is developing at the moment I was not given a lead time when I spoke to them about the discs. We are currently able to get hold of the Brembo discs and all Ferodo pads. I would have thought that standard discs with up rated pads would be sufficient for track day use it might be advisable to have 2 compounds, one for road and one for track. And to bleed the calipers before and after the track!!"

No Spoon discs for the DC5 yet.

David Johnson

Parts Trader
DC5 Brake discs are in stock in Honda Europe which are avaialble overnight,if ordered by 1.30 each day
They cost £138.30 each plus vat

Dave Johnson
Steels Honda
01432 267154

ps2london

Advanced Member
orginal disk with orginal pad is perfect, won't kill the disk, but a pair of new front pads only last about 3 trackdays.

orginal disk with DS2500, a lot more stopping power, perfect for road use, bit nosie and dusty, because they are harder pad, sometime may warp the disks at track, depend how u driver, me and Mark did.

best solution is get a set of racing version Brembo brake set, cost depend on what size, racing team can get them a bit cheaper, can even get small version of 4 pot to fit 15 wheels with slicks, u paid what u get for :)

i was nearly go for that......
then i get my self Endless S6 brake disks, DS2500 for road use, highest temp racing pad for trackday, no more warp disk. can even lock up the wheel with semi slick tyres on, hotter temp will give u more stopping power, is totally differnet level of stopping power.

i do highly recommand change to some top brand brake disk if u go trackday often, is save time and money for long term becuase they will last u a lot longer, so far i have no problem with the orginal DC5 brembo capiler they are working really well.

never use slicks before. so not sure how well will they perform with slicks.

Franz