IACV Screws

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Hi

Does anyone know what the tool is called or part number for the screws on the IACV? I thought they were a star drive/hexagonal configuration but it turns out they are a 5 pointed configuration. (you would have thought that 5 sided meant star and 6 sided was hexagonal?!?!)

Cheers

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
I know your pain. No I don't but I made a groove in each bolt head and used a flat Screw driver to take them out.
Honda part only maybe.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
i beleive they are called TORX screws.

should be available from halfords

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
google "Torx plus bits", you should find what you are lookng for, i have done a few TB removal jobs and have not bought anything specific to do it, so it must be included in one of the sets i already have, typicall im away all week so cant help with the size.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
well i found out today that they are TRX-TS bits. Still not sure as to the size and only need the one! Any ideas?

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Sorry to bring up an old thread guys, but can anyone confirm the torx plus bit size needed to remove the sensor from the IACV, ive no luck with mole grips :(

Bikerz

You can get a set made by Draper expert with Torx AND Spline bits. £30 I think from my local motor factors. Well worth buying!

maxvr6

Advanced Member
So i can now confirm for anyone that needs to know the torx plus bit size required to take these off is a T20 :)