I'm back!! Supercharge/Turbo?

Rich3248

Advanced Member
Hey guys.

Some of ye might remember me because I owned a Blue DC5 and was on this quite a bit.

THEN I SOLD IT AND THIS HAPPENED WEEKS LATER

😢😢😢😢

I bought an STi Impreza

And then I went back to Honda and got an S2000:

And then I sold that and went on the hunt for a Silvia S15 but couldn't find one and have now lined up a KPRO'd DC5 which I'll hopefully be getting this weekend.

Onto my question, supercharge or turbo?😜👌🏻

George657

Advanced Member
Iv just turbo'd mine. It was Jackson charged before.

Now it's Turbo'd it's like the charger wasn't even doing anything. You unlock the K20 potential when you Turbo it IMO. It actually scares me, and Iv had a few fast motors.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Some nice cars there mate, especially the Scoob and the S2000.

I am going to be honest with you and please don't take this the wrong way. Why have you chopped and changed cars so much? You've had some really nice motors there. I don't understand the need to want to spend spend spend and then sell sell sell sell.

Most people would die for just one of them cars yet you're changing again to go back to an old car. I just think no matter what you do you will just end up changing it again.

If it were me and I had an endless pit of money I'd either get an R34 GTR, Exige supercharged or a decent bike engined kit car rather than go back to the Teg as it will curb your need for high power.

Your decision of course.

Rich3248

Advanced Member
Different cars = different experiences
As a petrol head I want to experience as many as I can.
I liked the scooby, drove it daily and had my fun.
Always wanted a hardtop S2000 so I bought one and had my fun but it was slightly impractical so I sold it.
I don't have endless pits of money. I buy a car, drive it and usually sell it for the same amount I bought it for or more.
For me to have an R34 GTR would mean id have to have all the lucky numbers on the lotto draw.

I want a DC5 because the last one I had was so reliable/comfortable and practical. Just would need slightly more power. In saying that I've never driven a KPRO teg so I might actually like it n/a

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Fair enough, it's your life so you can do whatever you wish at the end of the day. I would do it differently personally as to me it seems your spending a lot on cars, probably not recouping all your money then getting something else, but I can understand your way of thinking too and being a petrolhead, of course you will want to try different cars.

Just seems a bit crazy chopping and changing every so often. I sold my Teg and plan on getting another but that's only because I couldn't afford to run it. I'd have kept that car for years before selling if I was able to, can understand the draw of the DC5 again though totally bud.

Rich3248

Advanced Member
I've never once lost money on a car. Not yet anyway.
I've always been lucky that way. If you buy at the right time you'll never lose money.

Anyway my finances are beside th point.

Anyone who has turbo/supercharged there teg, feel free to offer me any advice. Greatly appreciated.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
That S2k is insane 😍😍😍😍😍. How about a high powered NA set up? Maybe ITBS or something like that

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
My NA Teg has no problem keeping up with my mates Evo X 300, which was only one car length behind my old 400 BHP Evo IX. They really don't need charging/boosting if you drive them right. Doing so to cars designed for NA always leads to complications and huge expense, look at the FK2 for example which is struggling with heat issues. If you want the shove of a turbo then get a turbo car from the outset.

That's my opinion though, others will likely disagree.

Indi

Advanced Member
Depends what you want from the car, mainly track days or straight line speed? I love my charge cooled JRSC setup its quick enough to pull away from my mates 450/430 Evo 9 but still has the drivability and feel of an N/A car but on steroids. The linear power delivery is also great for track days as I think a turbo setup would not be so great for track days, Just my opinion of course :)

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Also with boosted cars, they need mapping properly. Unfortunately there aren't as many great mappers in the country as what forums would have you believe.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
They do the same thing in the end. with boost by gear you can get supercharger feel with a turbo. Turbo has more heat, but it also operated by waste gas rather than energy from your pulley syste. Tuners will tell you turbo, not much in them in my opinion! Especially for the DC5 where you are looking for mid 300s and not insane power like you can get with turbos. Either way it is expensive so make sure you are willing to keep this car before you do anything

George657

Advanced Member
Lol at the comment about owning loads of cars.

A wise man once told me to own as many cars while I can, as soon as I can.

Obviously some people stick with 1 car but then you don't get to experience anything else.

The boost by gear post regarding turbo has got it spot on too. Ask anyone that has turbo'd there car and they will tell you to do it. Ask anyone that hasn't done it will tell you not to do it. Iv driven a stock Dc5, owned a supercharged dc5 and now a turbo Dc5. If your local to Portsmouth drop me a message and I'll take you for a ride in mine and then you can make your decision. But I garrenty you it will be a turbo conversion.

beppe786

Beppe
George657 said:
Now it's Turbo'd it's like the charger wasn't even doing anything.
i've heard this before somewhere :xyes:

supercharger also has heat issues JRSC is Crap on track as its gets super hot blows hot inefficient air into in intake.. you might have a cooler then again on Track the cooler is water based so water gets Hot after time and then becomes inefficient again.. JRSC is best for Short Runs where its doesnt get too Hot.. air to air cooler would have been much better but don't think they made it in the end.

Rotrex and turbo is much better more efficient

Turbo is loads of fun.. you have to experience it.. have to get supporting mods to take the power or keep it on low boost / high compression and she a weapon

Rich3248

Advanced Member
I'm in Ireland, Cork. Thanks for the offer though!

I will look into, it's just going to be my daily and I want to have something out of the ordinary. So turbo might be the way forward.

Who knows... I'll see what I can do with n/a first

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
dave7368 said:
N/A DC5's are great, you can thrash the nuts off them and still not get anywhere :xlol:
Haha! Too true. But most the turbo builds go even less before the car can't physically get anywhere due to being broken ha