im looking for help?

SKING666

Hi, ive wandered off the civic site, can some one help me one some
questions about the DC5?

will honda service it ok or do they moan(or does it depend on the dealer)

does it need to run on 98RON? if i got one and just used 95 what would happen

is it much more expensive to insure?

and is there much room in the back compared to the civic as ive got a 7yr old son! who's growing and growing and....

MindMorgue

Hi,

I'll answer what I can.

The only Honda dealer I spoke to seemed perfectly happy to service it. (One in Leicester, can't remember name)

It should be run on 98RON unless the ECU is reflashed to allow it to run on lower. I'm guessing Running on 95RON otherwise might cause predetonation which would be bad.

cost me about 200 pounds more to insure than a CTR would, but I'm old (over 30).

Not sure, can't remember how much room there is in a Civic, I guess the seats are less upright so there's probably less but it's not bad for a 2 door coupe.

T666YPR

MindMorgue said:
The only Honda dealer I spoke to seemed perfectly happy to service it. (One in Leicester, can't remember name)
Getting mine serviced at Francis Honda in Narborough,they also have a site at Mountsorrel(both around Leicester)Seem positively eager to do it.
Should think there's enough room in the back for a seven yr old,but less headroom than the civic.

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
Most Honda technicians are delighted to get their hands on one of these and servicing is not a problem (Just remember to keep your eye on the mileage!). Even those that go by the Honda UK book and won't supply accessories for imports will treat you as a paying customer.

I too have a growing seven-year-old and there is plenty of room in the back for him and his mates and etc. There's a lot more room than most two-doors that I've known so don't be fazed by that.

I made the 'mistake' of running mine on 95RON for the first month of ownership (not realising the 98RON rule). All I can say is that I had no problems at all but this was definitely down to luck rather than judgement. The 'book' says that it's tuned for 100RON, as available in Japan, and that the 98RON is within its operating parameters, requiring a chip or reflash to run on anything less.

Hope this helps... :)