IMPORTANT PLEASE READ , Possible closure of forum

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Well its not so easy to say this, but on the 20th September the forum licence and hosting expires at this moment in time the forum owner does not intent to renew the leases.

Currently he is the guy who looks after the database and programming of the forum itself and has since the very begining, but other commitments now mean he no longer wants to do it.

It is possible i can take ownership from him, BUT i dont have the required programming experience. Unless i can find someone who is able to do that then sadly the forum will close.

in the past we had some excellent software guys on here but they have left now , so if you (the members) know someone who can do it, please let me know and i can have a chat,

The forum will be run to cover its own costs, there is no intention to start charging subs or to run it as a business etc, traders will still pay a nominal amount but primarily thats to cover hosting and licence etc.

experience needed ideally would be- HTML/CSS, PHP, mySQL and Linux

regards
Simon.

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Do you know what skills specifically i.e mysql, Linux etc

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

adam.

Advanced Member
I can see you currently use a shared host, I can provide the same using my own personal hosting but it's only basic.

Happy to lend a hand, PM the details.

beppe786

Beppe
not my speciality area but have covered all them in basic form.. so if you need any help simon ill try and help..

worse case.. if domain name is up for renewal at same time. could transfer all to another new forum Structure..

cjh1981

Advanced Member
I'm a web/ux designer and if I can help in any way let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
This is a potential disaster. :( this is my service history/ sanity all rolled into one. Haha

Not only that but all this information on here is priceless. If it changed to a new forum (im no computer whizz) would all the info be lost? Transferred? Thinned down etc?

Hopefully someone can save it. Keep us updated Si. :) good luck

cjh1981

Advanced Member
I'm sure it's all in a database some where backed up, well I pray it is

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Jimmer said:
This is a potential disaster. :( this is my service history/ sanity all rolled into one. Haha

Not only that but all this information on here is priceless. If it changed to a new forum (im no computer whizz) would all the info be lost? Transferred? Thinned down etc?

Hopefully someone can save it. Keep us updated Si. :) good luck
Basically yes it would all be lost .

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
cjh1981 said:
I'm sure it's all in a database some where backed up, well I pray it is

I am waiting to find out , I hope there is a backup but don't know .

MrRy

Advanced Member
I can help out if needs be Simon. I wouldn't want to let this forum die as it's one of the few forums that has survived the mass Facebook group apocalypse. I work daily with php/mysql/javascript/css etc. But aside from the conversion / move process to a new host, you won't need those skills often.

emmsyDC5xx

Advanced Member
I have absolutely no idea about anything like this - but as Jimmer said its my sanity too?

Hoping someone has the skills required to help, if I had them I'd be there in a shot x

adam.

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
I am waiting to find out , I hope there is a backup but don't know .

A mysql backup is one line of code, it should be being performed multiple times a day.... :xaiweb3:

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
adam. said:
A mysql backup is one line of code, it should be being performed multiple times a day.... :xaiweb3:
maybe it is, i really dont know , i have no access to any of that information, in the past there was no point me pushing for it as i dont understand it anyway .

Linus27

Advanced Member
Really hope it does not close. Such a wealth of knowledge here as well as a great bunch of people.