IMPORTANT PLEASE READ , Possible closure of forum

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
I'm predominantly a Windows Server guy too. Very versed in full blown SQL, and have old Red Hat Certification (very rusty though) happy to help if needed.

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

zacho

Advanced Member
Can't really help with this but would be so gutted if this forum went down. Is it not like the dc5 bible..
Has helped me numerous times and i spend far too much time on it! Was looking forward to starting a thread

dc5ian

Advanced Member
i dont have any idea what SLQ, HTLM, HPP, MYSOL or LINeX is or does.

but im happy to buy/serve beers to someone who actually does know what there doing.

:xhaha2: :xhaha2: :xhaha2: :xhaha2: :xhaha2: :xhaha2: :xhaha2: :xhaha2: :xhaha2: :xhaha2: :xhaha2:

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
MrRy said:
I can help out if needs be Simon. I wouldn't want to let this forum die as it's one of the few forums that has survived the mass Facebook group apocalypse. I work daily with php/mysql/javascript/css etc. But aside from the conversion / move process to a new host, you won't need those skills often.
Our saviour ☺

ChesterJSY

It would be a real blow if the forum had to shut down. I was lucky enough to find my Teg from this forum and the info/knowledge sharing of the members are fantastic. I am more of a watcher but enjoy following updates from fellow Teg owners. It has become a way of life!

I really hope a resolution is found soon .... Vive La forum !

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
Is the current owner happy enough to hand over the domain name and a copy of the site/db? To be honest the domain name isn't that big of a deal to us "users" but might be for the trader's.
Certainly don't want this place to go missing. I bet Honda would be happy mind :)

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Im certain the forum wont close, as we have the motivation and support to keep it here and we will do everything to keep it running.

He is keeping the domain, but we are hoping he is still happy to point at the forum which i dont see will be an issue for him.

I see this not as a problem but as an opportunity :)

Chewy

Advanced Member
This place isn't going anywhere, We won't let it :)... there's too much here for it all to just disappear.

If it did, what the hell would i do all day?!?! - I'd actually have to start conversing with the Mrs...

Linus27

Advanced Member
MissMyDC2 said:
Woo lets all calm down now... no need to get hysterical.
Woah things can't get any worse please, threats of the forum closing down, possibility of having to talk to the wife now, I can't cope with this, please make it go away. Next it will be talk of selling the Teg and buying a Renault :)

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Not alone having to talk to the missus, but what about all the hrs I spend on here during the day when I am supposed to be doing "Work". If this site goes (which hopefully it wont) I will have to find some other way to spend my time while I pretend to be working.
I did a degree in IT so according to my education I am officially a computer scientist so should be able to help here, however the ink on the paper of my degree knows more about IT than I do at this stage, so i am not sure i would be any help to be honest.

DC5RS

DC5
I teach linux and have medium knowledge for the rest. Dont think would be a big issue to migrate.Done it couple of times

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Like many on here I feel I`m part of the DC5 family.It would be like losing an arm or a leg if this place were to shut down.It`s one of the best forums out there.... I`ve had loads of help and advice from here and tons of laughs too.Unfortunately,serving fish and chips is probably not a requirement to keep the forum open but I can turn a computer on or off if thats a help!! Cheers,David :xvtec: [-o<

integraleo

Advanced Member
On OR off not on AND off? Seems I'm one step above you on the computer literacy contest then as I can do both lol. But if it's more than to play solitaire I'm out

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Really hoping the forum doesn't get closed down. I'm so grateful for the help I've had off many a member. I may not be able to offer much myself but there are some very knowledgeable people on here and some decent folk too. Fingers crossed for you Simon you get it sorted!

20Drift

Members
Staff member
adam. said:
I can see you currently use a shared host, I can provide the same using my own personal hosting but it's only basic.

Happy to lend a hand, PM the details.
It's running on VPS...

20Drift

Members
Staff member
Keeping up to the latest IPB version could be a pain sometimes depending on the backward compatibility (skins, add-on etc). IPB will take care of the upgrade if hosting on their but it would cost fortune. Not sure how the sharing hosting works now, I usually login via ssh to backup the files and data.

MrRy

Advanced Member
Andre said:
Keeping up to the latest IPB version could be a pain sometimes depending on the backward compatibility (skins, add-on etc). IPB will take care of the upgrade if hosting on their but it would cost fortune. Not sure how the sharing hosting works now, I usually login via ssh to backup the files and data.
Good to know, Andre. I've been assisting Si with what needs to be sorted and something I was unaware of was the licence type for IPB. I don't suppose you have server CPU/Mem/Disk usage stats that you could provide Si with?

Cheers