IMPORTANT PLEASE READ , Possible closure of forum

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I have been without Internet for two days and this happens??!!

I'm sure we as a forum will resolve this. This forum has evolved in the short 5 or so years I have been a member. It's a great place to catch up and meet new people.

I'm like minded and will do anything to keep it going. Let me know if I can help in anyway.

Adam

mikegsi

Staff member
Jeez. This forum has been part of my life since 2004..... :xaiweb6: :xaiweb6:

Hopefully we'll still be here in 2024!

Stewlark

Advanced Member
Right okay, Who do we have pay keep it going? Money solves everything, contrary to what some people say....

Tegiwa Imports

Parts Trader
Maybe a idea that people will feel adverse to... but why not sell it?

Civinfo was recently sold to one of the big forum companies. Nothing has changed really, it has the odd advert here and there and to be a forum trader its no different in cost as they have legacy terms.

mjukes@verticalscope.com
[SIZE=10pt]Mike Jukes – London, UK[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Te: 07968 061 609[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]www.tyreforums.com – The UK‘s Largest Automotive Network [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Mike Jukes – London, UK[/SIZE]

Erm

Advanced Member
When is all this going to go down?

Will info be readily available to everyone to find the new site etc?

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
If we need to donate/pay to help keep this running. I am 100% happy to do so.

When it comes to websites/forums maintenance/building I do not know much, only basics. But with hosting/domains/servers etc I am more than happy to help with this.

Croccy

Show Co-ordinator
It doesn't take much to keep a forum running. Have done several myself in the past. As long as we have access to the forum software and the database it should be easy to transfer to a new host (I'm assuming the guy who runs the forum also hosts it?)

Feel free to contact me if you want Simon.

Website design isn't really my thing (Too boring). But running linux servers and mysql is my job so shouldn't be an issue.

Matt.

dotty

Advanced Member
I've asked Simon via text as he is the one liaising with Andre. I'm not sure what's happening.

Croccy

Show Co-ordinator
Just make sure that someone at least get s a copy of the database before they lose access. Everything else can be recovered from but without that the forum will have to start from scratch and lose a lifetime of useful information :(

Cam

Advanced Member
Also available if you need any assistance with this - I have a VPS and spent years as a manager and team leader on the worldwide phpBB forums.

20Drift

Members
Staff member
It's likely will have some downtime as I still haven't received anything about the new hosting from Simon. Unless it's keeping the current hosting plan but I will still need to know that so I could inform the hosting company not to stop the service. I will stop the forum in a few hours to perform the backup process.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Hoping to set up new account tonight with host so hopefully see no downtime at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk