Induction advice please....!

User

Advanced Member
Ok, i've just bought a 2004 DC5, pick it up Wednesday. :)

I'm going to go for a HKS exhaust, had a chat to mikegsi and he described the noise as exactly what i'm after (growl when you boot it, no ear bleeding when you're just pootling around).

However, not a bloody clue what i'm doing on the intake side of things. I can spend around £200/£250 at a push. But I'll be fitting it myself so I dont want something thats gonna take hours and be difficult - i'm not a grease monkey.

Presumably the drop-in filters aren't going to produce the same bhp gains as the full induction kits?

Thanks.

Duncs

i would say it is, check out the RSX club link and in the 'How section' or seaarch in here a couple have been recently fitted and have some phots

T666YPR

User said:
Presumably the drop-in filters aren't going to produce the same bhp gains as the full induction kits?
The results with my Spoon drop-in with 5Zigen intake were interesting to compare to my Injen CAI which I have fitted now.

Former was similar power with better torque in places(better peak torque)

Latter has better mid-range torque,better top end power and sounds the nuts.

Injen CAI is the cheaper option,AEM CAI is similar.

Best combo would be 5Zigen intake with a Mugen box but will be £££

mikegsi

Staff member
i wouyld go with the injen mate, it compliments the hks exhaust on mine, still practically unnoticable when driving normally, when floor it and hit vtec you deffo know about it though, but not in a 'boy racer' type noise, more of a WTF type noise!!! theyre £200 and in my opinion well worth it. :D

Duncs

simon,
the more i read the more the brakes can wait, it well may be the injen then, NOISE ???? for track,
i wish you had done more dyno time on exhausts then all would be revealed!!!!!

T666YPR

Mine has also been de-catted and has Mugen twinloop exhaust.

At Donnington on Thursday it was a 98dB day and I had no problem 8)