Insurance pay out.

Kenz

Advanced Member
Hi,

Unfortunately my car has been written off, and will be beyond economical repair.

Has anyone had to claim through highway insurance, there a broker as part of LV.

All mods were declared, but I‘m not sure what to expect from the assessment/valuation.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mebz

Advanced Member
Is it not insured for a fixed valuation?

I'm with highways, all mods declared, agreed value of 10.5k.

I assume if mine was written off they would give me 10.5k?

More importantly, is it your blue one? Any interesting parts coming up for sale #vulture

Kenz

Advanced Member
Mebz said:
Is it not insured for a fixed valuation?

I'm with highways, all mods declared, agreed value of 10.5k.

I assume if mine was written off they would give me 10.5k?

More importantly, is it your blue one? Any interesting parts coming up for sale #vulture
I told them a vehicle value but wasn‘t sure if this was agreed value.

I don‘t think I‘ll be able to buy it back unfortunately, there‘s a lot of parts worth buying back and if I can buy it then I will.

Mebz

Advanced Member
Kenz said:
I told them a vehicle value but wasn‘t sure if this was agreed value.

I don‘t think I‘ll be able to buy it back unfortunately, there‘s a lot of parts worth buying back and if I can buy it then I will.

On my policy it's got value down as 10.5k.

You'll have to let us know how you get on, I'll be annoyed if they didn't pay me that.

Kenz

Advanced Member
Mebz said:
On my policy it's got value down as 10.5k.

You'll have to let us know how you get on, I'll be annoyed if they didn't pay me that.
I‘ve got my value as 9 but it‘s not agreed valuation. I‘ll want that as a minimum I think.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Highway are supposedly good. Shame that's happened though mate. I actually have mine valued at 16K with agreed valuation.

You have the purchase price/car value

Then an agreed valuation which you pay around £20 for, well worth having in these circumstances.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Mebz

Advanced Member
SamDC5 said:
Highway are supposedly good. Shame that's happened though mate. I actually have mine valued at 16K with agreed valuation.

Then an agreed valuation which you pay around £20 for, well worth having in these circumstances.

Think I'll be increasing mine this time around.

Kenz

Advanced Member
SamDC5 said:

For sure, it‘s something I‘ve never really considered as to be honest it‘s something you hope you never have to do. But for the extra £20 it‘s worth it.

Waiting on copart to assess the damage and then see what happens with the offer etc.

Kenz

Advanced Member
RaspyNoise said:
You going to break it on here? I had to ask the question!
If they offer me enough from a pay out I‘ll probably just take the money and leave it. Not sure I have the time or can be bothered with the hassle of breaking it.