Insurance with trackdays covered within the policy

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Hi all,

Does anyone know of or have any recommendations for a company who cover DC5's but will allow some trackday's within the policy?

Thanks

Carl

Neil@Greenlight

Authorised Trader
Carl

There aren't many companies in the UK that offer track day cover.

We can offer trackcover to existing customers on a per event basis with costs from £30-£65 per track day depending on car/value etc.

Insuremytrackday website offers a stand alone insurance for track days so if you had your car insured with a normal company like Admiral and wanted to buy a separate days insurance. Im not sure what the cover/limitations are with the stand alone products so you would need to look over the T&Cs

Kind regards
Neil

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Carl

There aren't many companies in the UK that offer track day cover.

We can offer trackcover to existing customers on a per event basis with costs from £30-£65 per track day depending on car/value etc.

Insuremytrackday website offers a stand alone insurance for track days so if you had your car insured with a normal company like Admiral and wanted to buy a separate days insurance. Im not sure what the cover/limitations are with the stand alone products so you would need to look over the T&Cs

Kind regards
Neil
Thanks for the reply Neil, my policy is up for renewal soon and I am currently building a list of companies to try. Greenlight however were removed after my experience/call last year when I brought the DC5 as whoever I spoke to was very unhelpful and told me that myself and my partner did not have any or enough experience for you to offer a quote let alone a competitive one to those I had already obtained.

I don't see how this could be the case as I have had a very long list of cars (90% have been very highly tuned by myself).

Below is a small selection of my previous cars, as you will appreciate the DC5 is far from powerful compared and so I don't see how my partner and I did not have enough experience?

Me - 2 x R33 GTR's - 1 was Stage 1 tuned and the other an 800whp Nurspec 2 race car from Japan. 2 x Pulsar GTI-R's - 1 was 325whp and the other 400whp, Integra DC2 type R, Lancia Delta HF Integrale 16v (this was a hill climb race car I built), a GT4 St185 and an ST205, EVO 6 GSR.

Her - Subaru WRX STI, EP3 Civic Type R, Skoda Octavia VRS

Do you think you will be able to offer a good competitive quote this year as I am paying £301 fully comp for us both now on the DC5 (all mods declared).

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Pace Ward.

However I don't think track insurance is worth it. All that is covered is your car. No third party, no recovery and more importantly no legal cover. The excess also tends to be quite high. You're more likely to have an accident on the road and track days in general are extremely safe as long as you drive within your limits.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
Pace Ward.

However I don't think track insurance is worth it. All that is covered is your car. No third party, no recovery and more importantly no legal cover. The excess also tends to be quite high. You're more likely to have an accident on the road and track days in general are extremely safe as long as you drive within your limits.
Oh ok mate cheers, I used to take out cover for each session, do you guys not do that as such now?

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
I usually take out track cover and they only have around £500 excess. I see it as it will likely be a writeoff at those speeds on track, or someone could smack into you but you are covered either way.
£70 or so for that peace of mind.

mil1lion

Advanced Member
Funny thing is I have never done track insurance and the amount that I have saved over the years has pretty much covered what I would likely need to pay for damage. Once you factor in the excess as well I agree that it's needless really. You're just covering yourself and would need to do some serious damage for the insurance to be worthwhile. Just leave your ego at home and be safe. That will save you the money.

The only insurance I would do in the UK is Coombe and that isn't covered by many anyway. Of course the Ring would be worth it if you ever do that.