Insuring a car with parents on as named drivers

sky insurance

Advanced Member
Marpol said:
Out of interest are sky likely to insure me this year as im 25?
Calling last year aged 24 I was politely told you wouldn't insure me down to my WA postcode. Does 25 make any difference?
Apologies but as things stand, it is unlikely.

Marpol

Advanced Member
sky insurance said:
Marpol said:
Out of interest are sky likely to insure me this year as im 25?
Calling last year aged 24 I was politely told you wouldn't insure me down to my WA postcode. Does 25 make any difference?
Apologies but as things stand, it is unlikely.
Thanks, ill give you guys a call anyway when im due to renew and see whats what

jermal

Advanced Member
Just to give you some idea of insurance cost for a clean license at a similar age. This is what I paid last year.

26 Years Old.
6 Years NCB
0 Points
My wife is insured on the Teg too.
Good postcode (no bluds init around to "tax" my stereo)

£500 Fully Comp with protected NCB.

I'm expecting it to go up this year though because insurance companies are pretty much all putting their premiums up.

Aly

Advanced Member
The first 2 people will save you money. I would recommend bell.co.uk. Pay it in full with a loan from a bank if possible, will save you alot of money with interest rates / tax given by insurance company. I saved maybe 350 by getting a loan instead of direct debit.

(at the time) 22 yrs, 3 years NC (as a second named driver), no points. £980 paid in full.

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
jermal said:
It's all good as long as you're not "fronting".
Fronting is when you have your mum as the owner/driver and your a named driver.... which i assume is not what he means.

My parents are both on my policy (emphasis on MY policy as its my car and i pay for the insurance and its in my name), for finacial reasons and just for whenever they may need it, my dad has needed to use my car every other month recently as his audi is having problems. So it works out pretty well.

Yauie

So i have finally found a suitable DC5 after 8 weeks of searching and insurance is little funny thing. I have not put my dad on as it seems to go up 49 year old clean licence 32 years driving puts my insurance up £200 :xconfused:, so i put girl friend on 25 clean licence 5 years nearly 6 driving goes down £200 (As social only for her). To confuse things further i own a polo Gti and to insure both cars for me(+girl) is £1450 but if i insure the teg by its self its £1530 only difference between the 2 quotes is im doing 70-30% driving in the 2 cars been honest as well with 70% in the teg. This was using admiral multicar, Sky insurance couldnt beat this they quoted me £1800 just for the teg but the guy who phoned me was spot on never the less.
Adrian Flux have only given me a good quote once back when i had JDM DC2 98 spec teg since then they are at least 31% more expensive on any of my cars mayb they have black listed me because i did have a claim with them over 2 years ago.

Yauie

Update from me for my years insurance on DC5 post code DN35

Named driver also on policy (female)

Year 1
Admiral
26yr old
3 points
claim Fault (write off)
2 NCB
DC5 + Polo GTI
£1550 (sold polo £350 refund but did a quote without and it was £1530 :wacko: )

Year 2
Keith Michaels
3 points
Claim fault
3 NCB
£890

Year 3
A-Plan
No points
Claim fault
4 NCB
£640