Integra DC5 v Golf Mk4 R32

Wardy7

Advanced Member
A friend of mine got one last year after previously owning a CTR and then a Mazda RX8. When he bought the R32 his dad said to him "about time you started to buy a sensible car".
His dad obviously didn't know what's under the bonnet but made his review just on what he thought it looked like.

I have to admit though, I do think the R32 is a very cool car!

Cheers
Wardy

BUG4LIFE

I'd say I 75% want an ITR and 25% the R32, though as I said in my first post I'm not looking to buy til next summer [as all my dosh is going into a house in the next few months]. The ITR may be a bit cheaper to, as I see 200bhp can get grade 4+ DC5's for about £12k-13k. The R32 might be a little over the £15k mark [so I'd have a couple of grand for a few engine mods or some Rays alloys]? :D

morgan

Advanced Member
I had an RX8. Sold my DC2 for it. Shouldnt have done though. Hindsight is a wonderful thing...

BUG4LIFE

One car I missed out on [cos I didn't have the funds at the time] was a 2001 Mazda RX7 for sale here in Worcester. Being a late 2001; it's as rare as rocking horse poo and it only had 10k on the clock! She didn't sell it for a bit and the price came down to just over £12k - what a bargin for such a legend :D

I did look in to how I could make it mine, but was a little put off by the problems you can have with the rotary engine, the 15mpg and that I'd probably have to get a second car for winter use [as such a fine looking machine doesn't deserve getting a spray from a gritter!!!].

An RX7 will remain a dream car.

morgan

Advanced Member
RX7s rock indeed. One of my all time faves. In my top 3 I reckon.

Shoulda had that... (that's hindsight again ! :) )

sinbad

Advanced Member
celox performance said:
Out of interest can we have the website address that you posted the same topic on.

As I say just out of interest really.
+1
i'd like to hear what the VW owners think.

Hope4sun

morgan said:
I had an RX8. Sold my DC2 for it. Shouldnt have done though. Hindsight is a wonderful thing...
Right behind you on the RX7!! and what with progress on tips, rebuilds are not as common :), as for your hindsight point Morgan. I did the same but in reverse, spent a year waiting on a Porker, sold it after 3 months for the Skyline, wish i had never bothered with it. But better to regret having done than not is my moto :roll:

Andy

hondafreek

Advanced Member
Dude, your Mk2 looks like its just come out the show room!

I like both cars but if your passion is VW stick with it :wink: I've never ahd anything but Honda's.

ejwillistyles

Advanced Member
Just to add, the build quality is NOT in any way as good as the DC5, however the materials used to build the car certainly are!

Our MK5 broke down the day we picked it up new from the dealership - gutting! My DC5 has never broken down and is 5 years old!

Our local Honda garage does approx 1/3 of the warranty work of our local VW dealership every month!!!! Is that better build quality???

:D

Boab01

Golf R32 will make you look good off the lights and flatter poor driving in the twisties. DC5 (or any other honda) will be frustrating off the lights because it's not a traffic light racer and will reward good driving in the twisties and utterly punish you for doing something stupid.

DC5 is the drivers car all the way Golf R32 if you want to be safe. Golf R32 is comfortable and quick but ultimately dull.

fast_eddie

My current new car choices would be DC5 or new JDM CTR, a Renault Megane R26 or a Nissan 350Z-I would love to go RWD Clio MK2 but it has no practicality at all..
Alternatively, as much money as I could afford to spend on either an older M3 or an older 911.

My 2 peneth for what its worth.

Oh and if I was going mad, a clubman spec 6R4(in white obviously)

morgan

Advanced Member
RX7 for me if I could have anything.
2 seats, 13MPG and nightmare running costs make not an option.

DC5 is an excellent compromise.

BUG4LIFE

I aint had many replies on the R32 site [link above], though I think it's only a small club? I got the address of a bigger forum, which I shall post the same question; just out of interest?

ejwillistyles

Advanced Member
look on tyresmoke there is lots of R32 info there

BUG4LIFE said:
I aint had many replies on the R32 site [link above], though I think it's only a small club? I got the address of a bigger forum, which I shall post the same question; just out of interest?

robert_raw

I heard the MK4 golf was the most unreliable car VW ever made.

I know VW enthusiasts that have shunned VW after the MK4