Integra DC5 v Golf Mk4 R32

benny

Advanced Member
the r32 is a golf how many golfs are on the road, theyre ten a penny wether they are golf 1.3 or golf plus or the golf clit there everywhere and the r32 is just another golf the dc5 is the only dc5 on the road? it drives better, it looks better than the 5 door r32, \nd is available in white nuff said go buy a golf!!!!
cso thats what you want and what your used too!

fast_eddie

If I wanted a daily driver that I could use in all weathers and have fun up until 7/8 10ths then I would probably choose an R32. It is built well, it goes well and it sounds good too. If I wanted something with some soul and something that was alive in my hands and grinned my face up every time I wanted to push past the higher 10th envelope, I would search a little harder.
There are a few choices to be looked at and the DC5 is one of them-but there are others!

Paul Type R

I was having a similar prediciment. I do like the idea of a R32, 4wd and normally aspirated (there ain't many), almost like a little RS4 (in theory). But seeing as R32's are a couple of grand more expensive and the fact of having had a DC2 for 3 years i thinks it's time i had a DC5 for a bit (the deposits down on one). May then wait for R32 prices to come down a bit and get myself a test drive in the mean time and than have one after the DC5 if i like them. Of course i'd consider an evo but don't fancy throwing money away on one.

That's kinda my plan anyway. :D

Boab01

The R32 is absolutely NOTHING like the RS4 :) The R32 is numb and dull as dishwater the RS4 can only be described as *BOING!* it's responsive, comfortable and epicly quick although it's disappointingly pretty much the same on the inside as the S4 which makes me feel a bit cheated for 20k it feels a little like a remap and a few suspension tweaks.

Paul Type R

Boab01 said:
The R32 is absolutely NOTHING like the RS4 :) The R32 is numb and dull as dishwater the RS4 can only be described as *BOING!* it's responsive, comfortable and epicly quick although it's disappointingly pretty much the same on the inside as the S4 which makes me feel a bit cheated for 20k it feels a little like a remap and a few suspension tweaks.
Yeah i did say in theory. I just like the idea of normally aspirated 4wd, but don't think i'll be able to stretch to an RS4 any time soon.

BUG4LIFE

No I haven't driven them yet jimmy. I'm only researching at the moment as I'm gonna be buying a new house in a matter on months, so all my dosh is going on that :cry:

I'll be looking to get a new car next year, after I'm sorted in my pad - that's when I'll take them both for a spin.

bezza4

Advanced Member
I think you should go with the R32. Miles better car!!

Plus I don't want DC5's getting common around here :wink: (I am from Droitwich)

timp

Advanced Member
DC5TU said:
YAWN

so so bored of these Vs threads (although there hasnt been one for a while)

What do you really expect people to say on an integra forum??

Go out, test drive both cars, as much as you can, weigh up your own pros and cons that YOU like about each car and make your OWN decision

If everybody took everybody elses advice there would be no origionality left in the world and it would be very boring!

Sorry if this sounds like a rant

with you on this one mate :!:

mardon

timp said:
DC5TU said:
YAWN

so so bored of these Vs threads (although there hasnt been one for a while)

What do you really expect people to say on an integra forum??

Go out, test drive both cars, as much as you can, weigh up your own pros and cons that YOU like about each car and make your OWN decision

If everybody took everybody elses advice there would be no origionality left in the world and it would be very boring!

Sorry if this sounds like a rant

with you on this one mate :!:
I thought the information that was given to him was good and surprisingly unbiased. Its not a "which car iz teh fastezzzd" thread! If they bore you so much dont read them.. simple :roll:

Martctr

Advanced Member
I've never been that impressed with the R32 given how much they cost and what the performance is like.

Did anyone happen to see a tv show the other month on the rather bad boy band East 17? Brain Harvey drives an R32 :lol: that just put the final nail in the coffin for me.

Paul Type R

Boab01 said:
Nothing stopping you popping in to get a test drive though :D.
Seriously do you think if i popped into an audi dealers they'd give me the keys to an RS4, no questions? :D

hsvgtsuk

Stodge or not to stodge, that is really the question.

Seeing as you are in to older dubs, why not find a good condition Mk3 Golf VR6, or a Corrado? Then you get a better car than the Mk4 Golf, more exclusive than a Teg and a some money back in your pocket.

I'm guessing if you like the solidity of the VW stuff, then you are not going to be happy with the Teg.

Boab01

Paul Type R said:
Boab01 said:
Nothing stopping you popping in to get a test drive though :D.
Seriously do you think if i popped into an audi dealers they'd give me the keys to an RS4, no questions? :D
Just go in and act like you are looking for a £60k car and they'll take you for a test drive. Tell them you're looking at M3/M5/911/VXR8/XK8 just be convincing and they'll take you for a run.