Interior light

willett

Since i got my car the interior light hasn't worked, the one in the boot aswell.

So i've tried checking it out and theres only 6 volts getting to the light ive put a wire straight from the battery (12v) to the light and it works fine

Has anybody else had a similar problem or got any ideas why this is?

Cheers Mark.

mikegsi

Staff member
never had the problem and wouldnt know what it ould be, maybe wrong fuse? is everything else electrical functioning fine in the car?

willett

Yes everything else seem fine apart from the interior and the boot light. i thought maybe a earth problem?

mikegsi

Staff member
could be mate, but where would this be earthed, wouldnt have thought there'd be any problems with the earth, but the symptons are there

P15UL T

Advanced Member
my interior light broke on me so i got another one from the autoshop, but it only lasted a week and now it is dead ????
could it be something to do with it dimming rather than it just switching off ??

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
I had this problem when i bought my car the interior light wasnt working when i opened the door!! :? But my boot light was coming on so i checked the bulb and it was ok so i started fiddling around with the connecters holding the bulb thinking it was loose and it worked the interior light comes on when the door opens!! :lol: Could possibly check your connecters?? :?

willett

Ive checked all the connectors everything seems fine, it just seems to be the low volts thats stopping it working?

willett

Ive checked all the connectors everything seems fine, it just seems to be the low volts thats stopping it working?

jay.dee

Advanced Member
There's a box of tricks that manges such little things like this. Not sure where it's located, hopefully this could trigger someone's mind :?:

dan the man

Advanced Member
interior light sticky!!!!!!

LOL mine is the same, does my head now it aint working, need to get the cover off and check things out. :x

willett

Ive just remembered my A/C seems to come on on its own every so often when ive adjusted the heat, the first couple of times thought i must have just caught it, but its definately coming on its self, don't no whether this could be anything to do with the light problem?