Ireland - Quinn Direct - 02 DC5

irlintegra

rang quinn today the car insurance was up i have been with quinn since the day i turned 17 and i am now 23 have 5 years no clame and my insurance went up from 1150 to 1850 and when i asked them y that is they said cause the rates went up i told them that i was not going to be them this year. there is a loop hole as one the friends work for a broker the dc5 is down on insurance company car list a prelude sport 99-2009 so when i done this with aviva the price was 1120

but the friend also said that the insurance companys are trying to get rid as many jap cars off the books as they can cause the high price to have them fixed if they are in a crash

irlintegra

lads try brittons insurance they are up the north of ireland they have all the jap cars on the books and at a great price

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
irlintegra said:
lads try brittons insurance they are up the north of ireland they have all the jap cars on the books and at a great price
As mentioned...Brittons dont insure DC5 Type-R's..

If Quinn's say they do then i wont believe it until id see it in Writing..

Ricerocketdc5

Advanced Member
Quinn gave me the "we dont insure that car story" too,When I went to insure my evo. I had to fax them the owners cert before they would even consider it!

Irish R

well new to this place, told to join by the lads in octane.ie!:p well only 21 and had trouble getting quotes on dc5 type r but quinn eventually quoted me after speaking to team leader. Costing me an extra €250 on my policy but getting the same cover lik able to drive other peoples cars and only €200 excess so not too bad lik. But the policy is up in june and im thinking they will try to rape me sideways come renuwal!!:(:p

larz

Advanced Member
lets hope not man. I've got my renewal in march, i'm hoping for good news...

oregato

Advanced Member
Irish R said:
well new to this place, told to join by the lads in octane.ie!:p well only 21 and had trouble getting quotes on dc5 type r but quinn eventually quoted me after speaking to team leader. Costing me an extra €250 on my policy but getting the same cover lik able to drive other peoples cars and only €200 excess so not too bad lik. But the policy is up in june and im thinking they will try to rape me sideways come renuwal!!:(:p
that lad from octane would be me then! welcome vinny! glad you got your insurance sorted

Irish R

Dc5Dub07 said:
So what does it say on your Quinn policy documents?

Honda Integra i ?
no its type r on the insurance! Quinn are using the same as the guards data base so they know every car now. You used to be able to fool it but they have coped onto it and the cars are thourghly checked now, and to be honest rightly so! too many little knackers going round claiming there driving things like 1.6 dc2's when there the full type r's!:( :twisted:

Irish R

oregato said:
Irish R said:
that lad from octane would be me then! welcome vinny! glad you got your insurance sorted

cheers man! :D :lol: so when is this meet on in dublin?! mit head up for the craic! :D

Shanetyper

Advanced Member
Britton ins do insure type R's im wit them €1384 25 5yrs NCB
think il try quinn see what they say.
do you think if i insured my mother aswell on the car it would go down?
i've heard it works on other cars maybe not a "high powered import" though.

S

stwteg

Im €802 with Aviva fully comp. I was with them last year and was paying €1000 third party, went through a broker this year and got that quote. Im 25 3yrs N.C.D.

I was quoted €1200 from Britton fully comp and Quinn came out with the usual tripe saying they dont cover Dc5's even tho there are loads of people on this forum insured with them!

Im over the moon with my quote, after breaking my policy and going to New Zealand for a while I thought i would find it hard getting a good quote!

larz

Advanced Member
my renewal is 1350 TPO... must find out if they can do any better for me... must also see what fully comp is...

macer

Advanced Member
I just got off the phone with Britton Insurance and they told me they don‘t and “never” have insured the DC5 TypeR, the only one they have ever insured is the standard Integra. Somebody is telling fibs.

S

stwteg

macer said:
I just got off the phone with Britton Insurance and they told me they don‘t and “never” have insured the DC5 TypeR, the only one they have ever insured is the standard Integra. Somebody is telling fibs.

I received a written quote from them this time last year on the car and 'type r' was written on it Fully comp. No issues. I ended up not going with them because i got it cheaper somewhere else.

Im with aviva now through a broker. I contacted them direct and they wouldnt quote me fully comp! I dont understand how they can do this when they will quote through a broker!

macer

Advanced Member
gracem said:
macer said:

I received a written quote from them this time last year on the car and 'type r' was written on it Fully comp. No issues. I ended up not going with them because i got it cheaper somewhere else.

Im with aviva now through a broker. I contacted them direct and they wouldnt quote me fully comp! I dont understand how they can do this when they will quote through a broker!
Would ya believe they called me back and said they can get me a quote but with a €4000 excess :xlol:

S

stwteg

macer said:
Would ya believe they called me back and said they can get me a quote but with a €4000 excess :xlol:
Hope u told them where to shove it!! Some places are a joke!