Ireland - Quinn Direct - 02 DC5

larz

Advanced Member
bit the bullet and transferred my insurance over onto my precious new DC5..

have 2 months left in my old policy which was like 750 quid (1.4 opel astra, 100bhp), third party fire and theft only. Just got off the phone with my insurer (Quinn) and much to my relief they WILL insure me with no questions asked... Car has no mods, so no mods declared...

It's costing me an additional €127.08 for the next 2 months. I'm 24 (25 in March). That's with 2 years NCB (own name, will be 3 in march) and 3 years named experience, clean license... rough calculations would suggest that what awaits me is 750 quid + 6x127.08 so that brings me to 1500ish... I'll live with that... would love if it's lower but we'll see what happens... anyone my age got a better policy here in ireland?

larz

Advanced Member
they're not too generous with those garage insurances anymore... i've checked :D 1500 wouldn't be the end of the world though...

macer

Advanced Member
Still make sure that they have it on the Books as a “type R” and not the IS model. I have been quoted quite a few times on the IS model even though I said it was a type R.
It‘s a complete pain as every year I ring around for quotes I‘m given great quotes but after I tell them to make 100% sure it‘s the type R I'm been quoted on more times than not I‘m told they wont even give me a quote on “that car”

larz

Advanced Member
Quinn check the reg and derrive the car from a national Database... The woman i dealt with was like "blue DC5 integra type r japanese import?"... i was like "errr yeah..."

She goes "hold please"... i thought to myself oh balls this is not going to go well...

then got back to me with the good news... delighted..

jon-dc5

Advanced Member
thats a good quote,quinn refused point blank to cover me on my dc5,even though i was with them for 6years!
thats with 6years no claims,no penalty points and im 31,full clean licence for 5years,(drove bikes till i was 25)
ended up having to cancel my policy with them.

macer

Advanced Member
jon-dc5 said:
thats a good quote,quinn refused point blank to cover me on my dc5,even though i was with them for 6years!
thats with 6years no claims,no penalty points and im 31,full clean licence for 5years,(drove bikes till i was 25)
ended up having to cancel my policy with them.
Same here, they said yes at first until asked is it defo the type R the quote is for, I was then told they dont insure the Type R :xrealangry: ](*,)

barrettjona

quinn direct are obliged to insure/quote you if have an existing policy. if you just ring them up for a quote they will tell you they dont insure that type of car. ](*,) especially if you dont own the car.

jay82

Advanced Member
barrettjona said:
quinn direct are obliged to insure/quote you if have an existing policy. if you just ring them up for a quote they will tell you they dont insure that type of car. ](*,) especially if you dont own the car.
was with them and wouldn't insure my tegg and the car was sitting in the shed

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
Quinn Direct dont Insure DC5's, unless whoever you speak with just puts in into the system as a Type-IS, wuddnt waste my time with them! ](*,)

larz

Advanced Member
no they deffo have it down as a type r... i'll double check when i get the docs but the lady on the phone mentioned type r...

besides that, they check the car's reg... i gave my reg and they told me everything about my car.. they obviously have access to a centralised database to prevent inconsistencies which could make their life more difficult...

darquinn2006

Advanced Member
Im insured with Quinn Direct since last july no bother at all lads :D

Ya no on the part where it says Make & Model they have down Honda Integra then in brackets DC5 Type R Import

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
Must be a new thing then, i was told QD dont insure them.. or any "high powered" Jap import..

darquinn2006

Advanced Member
I dunno Dub cos i always thought the same to be honest

I had an Altezza insured with them before the Dc5 an there was no bother with that either :xconfused:

Thank god they did insure it cos i couldnt get a quote anywhere else that was half descent

barrettjona

quinn direct 885e fully comp 26 with 6yrs no claims. no points :D hiberann and fbd wouldn't even quote me. :( i cant figure it out. its down as 2l type r import. i made sure.they insured me when i was 24, but when i rang first for a quote, they said they dont insure that type of car. only when i rang for proof of no claims as i was switching did they change there mind and quote me. fbd at that time said they would only quote when i was 25 but the other day when i rang they still had all the details and still wouldn't quote me. ](*,) being an excisting customer helps.that and luck.

BenzDC5

Interesting!

I didnt realise this either, unless they only cover them in the south!

I have my renewal coming up in March, dont know what to do about it..

Rang quinn direct there last week for my mondeo (day to day dog) renewal last week, local crowd where quoting £300, quinn came back with £800! :(

Ill try them for a DC5 now at lunch time tho and see what they say!

fergalb

Advanced Member
i have mine insured with quinn direct im 23 with 2 years no claims and im still on a provo licence as a 2 liter type r import had war whit them on the phone the day i bought the dc5 they tried to pull the usual shit that we dont insure the dc5 integra but eventually the tick bitch said hold on two mins till i speak to my manager then came back and said they would cover me :D :D :D :D