Is there a way to install/enable an aux audio port?

Iggy_Vermin

Hey all

Recently bought a 2002 Honda Integra as my first car so this is my first post. It's great to see a reasonably active car forum these days!

I thought I'd have a tinker with the head unit and I was wondering if there's a way to wire up an aux port as there is an "aux" button on it. On the Honda jazz there was also a aux button but it was disabled and there was a trick to wire it up to enable it, plus you had to wire the port itself.

Just wondering if there's a way to it for this? The head unit is a stock Kenwood CX-402R

Thanks in advance and sorry if I'm a bit of a noob

LeeH

Advanced Member
Manual below. It will have the classic phono input I presume. You will be able to get a phono to 3.5mm jack plug and probably some sort of Bluetooth interface.

Iggy_Vermin

Manual below. It will have the classic phono input I presume. You will be able to get a phono to 3.5mm jack plug and probably some sort of Bluetooth interface.

as far as i can tell there is no phono input. theres an unused 14 pin socket but i cant tell exactly what its for

LeeH

Advanced Member
You might be able to figure it out from the pin out in the technical manual. If it me a OEM head unit it will explain the non standard connections.