ITR on sale in UK soon - Will this ever happen?

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
If it does happen then it will be another year or two before it arrives :!: :!:

Here's my views:

UK DC5:
1) Would have revised suspension for a start
2) Redesign of front bumper, no way would the point pass predestine safety
3) New exhaust system to meet European targets
4) ECU to allow running on standard UK fuel
5) Because of 3&4, would have less power
6) Whole car would require crash testing

Now onto cost, this depends on the spec level required here in the UK. If similar down rated spec as the CTR compared against the JDM, then in my opinion you are looking at £19K ish

If released with full JDM spec, then I think you would not see much change out of £21K ish (remembering that the DC2 was launched at £22K).

I base my estimates because of the cost of points 1 to 6. People on other car forums who say full JDM spec £18K are having laugh.

Mike

MindMorgue

I agree 18K with full JDM spec is not going to happen. Weren't channel four reporting it as 16K? Not a chance.

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin
I doubt the full JDM spec will ever make it here, just from seeing what happened with Subaru: The UK cars were always lower speced, lower powered and more expensive (didn't stop me buying one :roll: )

There is also the Non-R Integra possibility!

If the car ever does make it here then I can't see it being a bad thing, that is unless you want to keep your DC5 as exclusive as it is now. :wink:

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
Agree with all the above. IF it ever gets launched here it will not meet JDM spec AND will be more expensive to buy. I LOVE the exclusivity of mine but could be swayed by the availability of OEM parts... slightly!

Evs

Advanced Member
Hi, first post from a newbie...

I've just asked Honda whether they have any plans to import the DC5 via their website, got the following reply:

Regretfully there are no plans for Honda UK to bring the Integra in any form to the UK.
Thank you for your enquiry.
Chris.
Honda Contact Centre.

:roll:

Sounds pretty final. Never mind, full JDM-spec import and hen's-teeth rarity has its plus points... 8)

Evs

White Witch

No way will it happen at such low prices. The DC2 was priced at about £21k IIRC. (it was a few years ago since we seriously looked at it) :D

Adz

Advanced Member
I was chattin to one of the managers at my local honda branch.. he said that Honda was looking to bring them over here,
but it would'nt be till 2005!.. Seems like a bit of a different story to what everyone else is saying!.. :? :?: