Jap tyres

dc5newbie

Hi all, what tyres come with a 2003 DC5? Also i heard that the japanese tyres are a lot softer than uk ones. So how long will the tyres last on uk roads - considering that it wont be used on track. Cheers

Rob-DC2

Advanced Member
The tyres that come as standard are usually Yoko A046 ot Bridgestone RE040 i think.

Yoko's are quite hard for the bumpy roads of the UK, not so good in the rain but once heated up and sticky very good in the dry.

Alot of Evo owners will pay top money for a set of A046 as they are so hard to get hold of and highly rated on the lancer forum.

Rob

T666YPR

Yeah the A046's are better suited to track than road,on track have high grip and very predictable on the limit.(not like me when I go past it :oops: )
I'd say oem JDM tyres are harder than UK sourced alternatives.

truffs

yep i agree T6, harder and better, mine still have the originals on. Can't figure that one out really, all light changed etc and they leave my tyres on. Not complaing though. (mind you not as good as Mugen Chips flare?) talking about him, hes been quite recently, he hasn't hurt himself in his new car has he :shock: :wink: