Japanese wax

p1tse

Advanced Member
So I know naviwax seems a popular choice on the forum, but anyone use other Japanese wax, such as Soft99

Soft99 fusso caught my eye as seems an easy product to use being soft and oily bases, so only requiring thin coats, and suppose to be good durability and what tops it off is value at £20.

I've got a white and black car in the household
I know both naviwax and soft99 have colour specifics, but I assume in essence both will perform well

Naviwax ultimate would be nice to try, but at 3 times the cost will I get treble the gloss, shine, protection, hence looking at something around the £20-30 mark

Chewy

Advanced Member
I hear the simlar Soft99 products compared to the Naviwax are harder to work with (leaving residue and white powder after buffing) and not as durable, however I have not tested them personally as it'll just be a waste knowing Naviwax I use currently works well.

Naviwax ultimate is amazing stuff and well worth the money after using it myself, especially as it'll go on both black and white cars, just getting your hands on the stuff that's the problem.

I'd personally say, grab some Naviwax or start looking into something else all together, I can only assume Soft99 is so much cheaper for a reason.

El_Boomo

Advanced Member
I'm a Naviwax Dark user and have tried various Soft 99 products. Naviwax is the one I keep going back to as I can literally chuck it on and wipe it off in minutes. Even in rain or direct sunlight. Plus it gives me a good deep shine.

Soft99 Fusso lasts ages and repels water better, but doesn't look as good and is a nightmare to buff off unless conditions are absolutely perfect.

Authentic was good, but the same price as Naviwax. I used a sample and it didn't wow me enough to buy a while tin.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

p1tse

Advanced Member
Thanks for the input

What's the difference in use with naviwax vs ultimate

Chewy

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
Thanks for the input

What's the difference in use with naviwax vs ultimate
Naviwax Dark/Light and Naviwax Ultimate are the same in terms of application, but with Ultimate it definitely gives a better gloss/deep finish, and I'd say it lasts at least x4 as long.

I like how it can be applied to all surfaces, paintwork, glass, rubber, plastic.

My day to day wax at the minute is Navi' Dark but considering I wash The Duchess at least once a week I also feel the need so re-apply a protective layer after drying.

For example;

Week1 - Navi' dark will be applied after a wash.
Week2 - The wax content can still be felt and just a detailing spray to finish off after the wash will suffice.
Week3 - Naviwax will need to be applied again.

However when I used ultimate, Week1 it was applied and it wasn't untill Week4 that I felt the need to wax again, but that was only because my OCD was kicking in hard and I couldn't help myself, haha.

But a simple snowfoam pre-wash and 2 bucket method wash to get the dust/dirt off, after drying the car it still looked freshly waxed for weeks, I was pretty impressed to say the least.

p1tse

Advanced Member
Thanks
Can both be used on a wet and dry surface?

What happens if you let it haze, cure for longer periods? I've got p21s and chemical guys 50/50
And both I can leave for a long duration, come back and still wipes of relativity easily with little or no residue

Thinking more of a protection and shine wax for wife's family wagon which is black and I don't give it the detail or time and effort as the teg.
Tempted by the naviwax dark for it from a value basis and still able to use on my CW teg

Or maybe plump for the ultimate to give it longer protection as don't get the chance to detail it like the teg, as I can roll it in the garage

El_Boomo

Advanced Member
No idea on ultimate as I haven't got round to trying it yet, but Naviwax Dark doesn't need any cure time. Just slap it in a panel and wipe straight off. Never tried leaving it on for any length of time to be honest.

Can be applied dry, but I always keep the aplicator damp or give the panel a quick spray with water as it just makes application so easy.

Like chewy, I probably apply wax more often than it's needed just because it's that quick and easy to do.

With regards to durability, I was out of the country for a bit recently and left the wife in charge of cleaning it. She cleaned it weekly and waxed it once about 2 months before I got home but the paint still looked like glass and beaded up nicely

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Chewy

Advanced Member
Personally, I'd go for the Ultimate, Less effort, longer lasting and can be used on both cars to achieve the same level of finish.....Dark does work very well, but Ultimate is much better all round after using both.

As for letting It haze, It's not a product that is meant to be left on for extended periods and I've never actually left it on long enough to see what happens. Lol....but I have applied it on cold days and hot days in direct sunlight and it always goes on and comes off with ease...I also apply it panel by panel, instead of coating the whole car first and buffing after.

Yeah, both Naviwax products can be used wet or dry, I tend to dry the car first and then apply with a moist foam applicator, helps to spread the product and keeps the microfiber cloth nice and dry to wipe it off.

Again, Never actually applied it to my car without drying first as I can only assume it would be a ballache to get off with everything still wet.