Japfest 2017 - Silverstone (30th April 2017 - OFFICIAL BOOKING/Chit Chat thread.

Chewy

Advanced Member
Some awesome pictures being shared in here :)

Was a brilliant turn out on the stand with an excellent standard of cars and was great to meet the fellow members I did, be it for the first time or the hundredth time, What a decent bunch you are. ;)

Can't wait for the next one!

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
I found the stand, polished Dave's wasp with some dribble then wandered more. Literally not an owner anywhere lol.

Was I the only one to find the whole event a bit disjointed and unorganised?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Kev.W

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
I found the stand, polished Dave's wasp with some dribble then wandered more. Literally not an owner anywhere lol.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I found the event a bit cramped together really, they had the space to spread out a bit and give clubs stands a bit more room as I seen a few stands very cramped up and parked like Tescos car park

Mattz

Advanced Member
Didn't really get to speak to anyone but had a good day, It was nice to get some expensive ideas for the teg as well :p

Hopefully see you all again soon at another event! :)

Agree with the organisation/planning not being very good, I've been ford fair in the past and that seemed a lot more organised.

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
Nope you're not the only one.. think the organisation of japfest is getting worse year by year.. saw some clubstand all packed together.. so many space out there unused, and some staff didn't even know what was going on..

Richie200

Advanced Member
mikey_t8 said:
Nope you're not the only one.. think the organisation of japfest is getting worse year by year.. saw some clubstand all packed together.. so many space out there unused, and some staff didn't even know what was going on..
On of the main reasons I try and stay away from shows at Silverstone. Go back 10-12 years and they were the best around by far. Hardly any space not used and you could drive the whole circuit, 0-60 runs and a damn sight cheaper. :)

mikegsi

Staff member
_BILLY_EK9_ said:
I didn't actually find the dc5 clubstand but looked like a good turnout from the pictures.

I was on the ek9.org clubstand in the morning and then had a few sessions on track in the evening.

fly by clip
https://youtu.be/-mKefjJG4AU
Have you got that little 'drive by' clip of us on the way in to Japfest mate? You showed me it in the petrol station but I couldn't really hear it for the electrical cables buzzing overhead!! Thanks for letting me tag along your convoy and showing me the short cut as well!

Johngreen537 said:

It was my first show and although both my son and I enjoyed it I was expecting a little more from it..... Was a decent day, plenty of cars to look at but very little attractions other than the stalls of which the sticker ones were 5 deep most of the day!

griffy

Advanced Member
Here we go, didn't make the stand but came up solo, took some footage on my iPhone. Next time I'll try make stand 👍 I used to organise some big club events years back. I'll try get one sorted

griffy

Advanced Member
Here we go, didn't make the stand but came up solo, took some footage on my iPhone. Next time I'll try make stand 👍 I used to organise some big club events years back. I'll try get one hooked again soon

https://youtu.be/71Ta-nE0kBw

jamie.C.D

Had to book solo tickets , couldn‘t get the club stand password to work !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
jamie.C.D said:
Had to book solo tickets , couldn‘t get the club stand password to work !

That would probably be because your on last years thread. Note it says Japfest 2017. :( see if you can cancel them (an email or phone call to the organisers would be spot on) and I'll point you in the right direction to book the correct tickets.

jamie.C.D

Chrismartin said:
That would probably be because your on last years thread. Note it says Japfest 2017. :( see if you can cancel them (an email or phone call to the organisers would be spot on) and I'll point you in the right direction to book the correct tickets.
I didn‘t even look at that haha , my bad . I‘ll give them a call and see if I can just get a swap ?