Jerking when feathering throttle at 2k rpm

Lynchdc5

Hi guys having a problem with my dc5 . When I'm feathering the throttle driving along between 2k-3k rpm my car's sort off jerks and misses a little somrtimes pretty violently . IV recently cleaned the icav as it had a bad idle,which helped alot .

Any reasons why it would do this ? Bad coil pack or even spark plugs ?

Lynchdc5

No . It's very temperamental days it would do it then days it runs perfectly .

The only change to the Car is that IV started using octane booster .

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
Lynchdc5 said:
No . It's very temperamental days it would do it then days it runs perfectly .

The only change to the Car is that IV started using octane booster .
Well stop using that then 😂😂

In all seriousness I‘d stop using that stuff and see what happens just using v-power

kyle'87

Advanced Member
I'd say the TPS as well. They are very sensitive pieces of equipment. If you are driving along at 1-2% throttle and the TPS is playing up, that is likely going to rock between 0% (closed throttle) and >0% (open throttle) and you'll get the jerking. Mine does it and I think it is exaggerated by knackered front mount and also stretch throttle cable.

I'll be changing both next month.

Lynchdc5

I checked TPS with a multimeter when I cleaned the icav . And it was reading 0.49 closed throttle would this be to far out? Should it be 0.45 exactly?

kyle'87

Advanced Member
Lynchdc5 said:
I checked TPS with a multimeter when I cleaned the icav . And it was reading 0.49 closed throttle would this be to far out? Should it be 0.45 exactly?
I believe that is within tolerance. What you will want to do is back probe it again and check how the voltage goes up as you slowly open the butterfly with your hand. If it jumps all over the place then that is what the ECU sees and is likely the cause of the jerkiness.

DC5RLY

Advanced Member
Raising this one from the dead!

@Lynchdc5 did you get to the bottom of this issue ?

kyle'87

Advanced Member
DC5RLY said:
Raising this one from the dead!

@Lynchdc5 did you get to the bottom of this issue ?
I fixed mine from doing this by getting the Acuity Hall affect TPS. I have had two TPSs (Tegiwa OEM repm and Ktuned V2) both suffered this issue. Since fitting the Acuity one the car has been significantly better at light throttle (cruising at 30mph in 4th is a good test for light throttle I've found).

Lynchdc5

No problem still exists . My next buy will be a new tps. Hopefully that sorts it

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

DC5RLY

Advanced Member
kyle'87 said:
I fixed mine from doing this by getting the Acuity Hall affect TPS. I have had two TPSs (Tegiwa OEM repm and Ktuned V2) both suffered this issue. Since fitting the Acuity one the car has been significantly better at light throttle (cruising at 30mph in 4th is a good test for light throttle I've found).
I looked up on these, different design that's better than oem. I'm still holding off buying any parts until it's been properly diagnosed. I think they're around £100 unless you know of getting them cheaper ;)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

DC5RLY

Advanced Member
Let me know how you get on with it. Fingers crossed it's a fix to your issue.

Does your suffer from this when coming off and back on the throttle at any speed?

I get a slight judder with above and also under 10 - 5 mph the car is too awkward to roll in traffic.
Lynchdc5 said:
No problem still exists . My next buy will be a new tps. Hopefully that sorts it

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

kyle'87

Advanced Member
DC5RLY said:
I looked up on these, different design that's better than oem. I'm still holding off buying any parts until it's been properly diagnosed. I think they're around £100 unless you know of getting them cheaper ;)

Unfortunately not, I paid the full price on Tegiwa.

I think the "Juddering" is when the mixture in the engine is not optimal for the condition that is being asked of the engine, either a lean condition or a rich condition but diagnosing beyond that requires the car to be with a mechanic to go through piece by piece eliminating what could be causing it to judder.

DC5RLY

Advanced Member
kyle'87 said:
How difficult/easy are these to install mate

I'm going to pick the same one up you got.

I understand the oem bolts may need cutting out. Is there anything extra that needs doing when fitting to make sure it all lines up correctly.

kyle'87

Advanced Member
DC5RLY said:
How difficult/easy are these to install mate

I'm going to pick the same one up you got.

I understand the oem bolts may need cutting out. Is there anything extra that needs doing when fitting to make sure it all lines up correctly.

From memory, the first time I removed the TPS I had the throttle body off to get at the two screws, but I can now do it while everything is still attached to the car.

I don't remember cutting anything.

When fitting the new TPS will have slots instead of just holes so you can rotate the TPS to get the voltages right. I have a Kpro so was easy for me to calibrate it. Without the Kpro you'll need to backpin the plug and make sure you have the TPS set within the workshop manuals voltage ranges.

Car is significantly smoother now on and off throttle.

DC5RLY

Advanced Member
kyle'87 said:
From memory, the first time I removed the TPS I had the throttle body off to get at the two screws, but I can now do it while everything is still attached to the car.

I don't remember cutting anything.

When fitting the new TPS will have slots instead of just holes so you can rotate the TPS to get the voltages right. I have a Kpro so was easy for me to calibrate it. Without the Kpro you'll need to backpin the plug and make sure you have the TPS set within the workshop manuals voltage ranges.

Car is significantly smoother now on and off throttle.
Thanks for the info mate.

After checking the oem TPS I have, it's the Hex type bolt.

I've been told some are a rivet that need cutting out and then replacing with a standard bolt.

I've not tried removing this as of yet, but it looks like I can leave everything in place and just use a Hex key to get at it.

No Kpro :( so it will be a bit of jiggling around to get the right settings down.

Nice to hear it's smoothed the ride out for you. I have a temperamental issue with this, fingers crossed it's a good fix.

DC5RLY

Advanced Member
Can someone confirm if these are the correct voltages when calibrating the TPS.

Found online while searching, apparently all Honda's use the same parameters? Can someone confirm this please I'd prefer to get it from someone with a teggy :xking: that‘s dialled theirs in before.

0.48V @ Closed Throttle
4.5V @ Wide Open Throttle

DC5RLY

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
Yep that's right

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Only just got round to fitting the new TPS thanks for letting me know this was right mate.