Joined DC5 club yesterday

REV-IT

Took an early morning flight to Glasgow and drove back to Bristol in my immaculate white 02 plate DC5 yesterday. The previous owner seemed a little sad to see it go, the joy's of parenthood apparently!

I've owned many quick Honda's over the years starting out with a three door Civic ESI, then a 3dr VTI, another 3rd VTI, one of the first official S2000's, one of the first official CTR's (felt special initially when exclusive but now can't move for them where I live), A DC2 and now a DC5.

As an all round car the DC5 is the best compromise - it's superb. Most of the feel and involvement of the DC2, with a stronger engine than the CTR and just about enough room for small passengers. Looks sharper than the DC2, although I still think the DC2 looks excellent, particularly in white. You'll have gathered, I'm a big fan!

Incidentaly, I bought my DC2 as a weekend toy while using the CTR as a daily driver - problem was, I started using my DC2 weekdays and the CTR wasn't getting used!! I've nothing against the CTR, no honestly, I think it's a performance bargain - it was just that after driving the DC2 it felt like I was playing a video game rather than driving for real. I really don't like the electronic steering on the CTR. If you've only ever driven the CTR you'd need to drive a DC2 or a DC5 to 'feel' what I mean. I know the CTR and DC5 are based on the same platform - but you'd never believe it from the driving seat!

all in all, an extremely satisfying first 36 hours of ownership !!! :D

truffs

Hello and welcome, hope you enjoy the site and have a look at the meet page as we are all going out for a meal on the 5th December and we do believe it will be the first time in the country that so many DC5's have got together :D