Jrsc issues?

PalfyR

Advanced Member
Emailed tdi north regarding them sourcing a jrsc and fitted it for me and they replied saying they no longer do them and haven't for a few years due to reliability issues! Has any of you guys had any problems with yours and if so what have they been?
Cheers😀

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Failing units I believe, think they still do rotrex though.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

beppe786

Beppe
CPL still do them jackson comes with 100k warranty. .

Fitting is easy just replace intake manifold/ thats why used ones get snapped up quick

Issue was with very early ones / look on usa rsx site

PalfyR

Advanced Member
Was the old units failing because of cracked manifolds? Tdi north mention this on their web site.

Snowdrift

PalfyR said:
Was the old units failing because of cracked manifolds? Tdi north mention this on their web site.
thats what i was told by the lad from TDI North at Japfest 2, apparently they are only supported by one bracket and it puts stress on the inlet manifold which cracks, if i remember right,

leejw87

Spoon Whore
I thought it was only the EP3 manifolds that cracked

Rotrex ain't quite as reliable as most would think either, whatever route you go just make sure you do your research but theres less to go wrong on the JRSC plus rotrex you will need to scrap your aircon

PalfyR

Advanced Member
So has anyone on here actually had any issues with them or is it just what people have heard from others?

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Had mine for little over a year and the only issue i had was slipping/shredded belts, but that was solved with a Mercracing tensioner bracket

jcdc5

Advanced Member
My jrsc unit might be up for sale ...leejw87 your are right about cracking manifold that only happens on ep3 unit as they don't have any support brackets.

Stoo

Whining.....
Manifolds can crack on dc5s too

Previous Owner of my charger had that same issue

Manifolds aren't made anymore hence why some companies don't sell anymore.

Charger it's is very robust

cosmic_chi

Nearly 2 years on with 3 trackdays putting in over 100 laps each time on the days on my EP3 and no issues.

I have heard of issues more with Rotrex than JRSC. A top tuner had told me when i was choosing that the rotrex works on gearing system internally, which causes it to fail and when it goes, it goes BANG! and you will need a new unit