J's Racing Oil Smoother - FD2 improved BHP and Torque

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
to me that does not really prove anything.

i was just on the dyno this friday with two other dc5's and all 3 cars made less power on the very first run, on the second run the power went up but we never added anything.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Lol, I didn't think it would. Still, Myself and others can vouch or the improved throttle and reduced friction.

I cant do a direct link, it wont let me :(

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi.

I'm impressed with the gains but i can't get me head around how it might be achieved. Adding it to the oil certainly did'nt make the engine breath and exhaust any better than without it, and presumably max revs were the same on both tests.

If its reducing friction is it possibly thinning the oil and describing it as a smoother sounds better than a thinner. Whatever, its doing, it's very interesting.

Regards. Granty.

Fubar Andy

Advanced Member
Why don't you all just buy Millers NT oil, it works out cheaper, specifically developed with their oil and its a British made.

I'm baffled by people sometimes...I really am!

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Is the original post still available from the deleted/edited thread? Just want to read the discussion that was happening, as I am thinking to buy or not.

Mark_teg

Staff member
Fubar Andy said:
Why don't you all just buy Millers NT oil, it works out cheaper, specifically developed with their oil and its a British made.
I'm baffled by people sometimes...I really am!
Because you don't get JDM points then! Lol

Steve_DC5

Advanced Member
Putting that in an engine, videoing a customer going oooo its quieter and feels quicker means nothing imo

Facts and figures of what its actually doing to the internals of the engine over a period of time with hard track use would be more benificial.
I am not saying it doesn't work, just be interesting to see how before even thinking of getting some.

I agree less friction will make fractionally more power, but is this product degrading the quality of the oil at the same time?
Can't see the point in purchasing expensive oil (which most do), putting it in your car. Then sticking this in on top.

Like buying v-power and sticking octane booster in lol

Each to their own as always. :)

blueguy

Resident J's whore
For me, I just want to try it and see what the effects are as it's peaked my interest. I trust that it's safe.
Later down the line I also want to try the Millers Nanodrive because again, it's peaked my interest.

Price doesn't bother me as I have no more mods to do at this point in time, so treating it as a £40 'mod' for the year is not exactly going to break the bank.

Bonito

Advanced Member
As above Porthos. A couple of the posts from the other thread would go well in here to aid discussion.

IMO noise = vibration. Vibration = Energy. Energy = Heat. Heat = wear and tear. Less Noise = Less wear + tear.

I'm going to try it and see how it and the oil fairs out between a change.

I also have a magnetic sump plug. Titanium can't be magnetized so if there's anything sticking to my sump plug on oil change, I'll know where to look.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Apparently its a bearing effect, which reduces friction on the oil molecules and metal surfaces of the Piston and Cylinder.
Less friction this way leads to better throttle response, quieter engine operation and increased power and torque.

All of which I have noticed myself, they told me before hand about the coasting effect, nothing was said about BHP or torque gains until I asked because it felt like the car was faster.

If you have Millers, which uses a similar method, then you wont notice any difference with this additive, some other oils already do a similar job.
My Motul 300V clearly works with the Oil Smoother.

The old posts were removed because they were in the wrong section and potentially damaging sales for one of our traders.
If I can dig them back out I will post back in here :) I should be able to, but still fairly new to this whole mod thing, lol.

I will see if I can find my spec sheet they gave me for it and post it here, it lists everything, albeit in bad English, ha ha.

I'm no expert on the subject, I am such a newbie when it comes to mechanics, but one thing I don't fall for is placebos, it was me that pointed out waxes/sealants DON'T make your car any shinier. I have spent all my life seeing though BS.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Mark_teg said:
Because you don't get JDM points then! Lol
Lol, JDM points, good one.

I get no points then for my Motul Engine oil, USDM bonnet dampers, USDM plug cover, my new thai wheels with goodyear tread, tegiwa battery tie (which I get slated for), tegiwa engine bay bolt kit, head unit and German iPod mount, SFS hose, Eibach parts...... I even got my front and rear lips from the states. 80% of my mods aren't JDM, lol.

I just buy what works for me personally. I don't do this 'JDM only' mindset personally.

Mark_teg

Staff member
It was tongue in cheek Porthos ;)
I have dealt with tegiwa too, check my thread!
Edit: and rotas

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Mark_teg said:
It was tongue in cheek Porthos ;)
I have dealt with tegiwa too, check my thread!
Edit: and rotas
I understand what you meant ;), but I also hate seeing people pressuring others to be 'JDM only' so I'm making a point.

It's not because this product is JDM that I recommend it. Like everything I recommend, I recommend it because it works.
I'm not even a BIG J's fan, I only like their induction kit (and this stuff), lol. I was a complete sceptic until I tried it.

PS I love how crazy the Japanese are though, lol....

Guy says here that the product needs to dissolve into the oil otherwise you get the sediment at the bottom...
Interesting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdL5Ggm_EgI

dotty

Advanced Member
There's some interesting feedback from oilman on CTRO regarding this stuff.

I'll link it up later, when I'm off the phone.

Do yourself a favour though and just read oilman's posts or you'll want to commit cold blooded murder as the usual CTRO clowns are at work in there.

Mentioning no names.

integraleo

Advanced Member
Yes I've been reading it and posted on there too,bloody arrogant imbeciles some of them.

dotty

Advanced Member
Yes I've been reading it and posted on there too,bloody arrogant imbeciles some of them.
Expect nothing less, it's a shame really as once upon a time that was an excellent site (pre 2004/5) but nowadays nothing can get posted without it being ridiculed by the usual suspects which include meme style replies (ermagerd)

It all starts with text talk.. Which is why we stamp it out on here :lol:

I jest.