June trackdays

ldubl

Advanced Member
Trackdays have booked up quickly since reopening announcements!

I'm booked on the following; is anyone on here going to any of these?

4th June Snetterton 300

17th June Cadwell

22nd June Donington National

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I was going to do three in June at brands but the fact you can‘t have passengers, spectators and no more than two in a garage I‘m gonna give it a miss til things are better.

I wanted to do brands gp but it‘ll just not be as fun and the social side of trackdays will be shocking :-(

Shame, I‘ll book some once my house moves over now I think mate

Mebz

Advanced Member
I've got two booked pre lockdown.

26 July blyton with javelin

5th August cadwell with javelin

I've also got an msv credit to use up as a result of a March day being cancelled.

rsmithinfo

Advanced Member
Shame the social side looks like it will be hampered, hopefully things will continue to ease.

What companies do people find are good with a good crowd / people who know how to do track days properly if you know what I mean - no nutcases, move over properly etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mebz

Advanced Member
rsmithinfo said:
Shame the social side looks like it will be hampered, hopefully things will continue to ease.

What companies do people find are good with a good crowd / people who know how to do track days properly if you know what I mean - no nutcases, move over properly etc.

I like my own company plus I'm a billy no mates. I've done quite a few track days where I go on my own.

As for trackday organisers, they are all very similar. At the end of the day it comes down to the drivers on track. The organisers cant really control who books on.

However from the ones I've used, my order of preference would be...

1. Circuit days events
2. Msv
=. Track obsession
=. Javelin

And then there is opentrack...

I will never use opentrack again. Quite a few people rave about opentrack. Personally when I used them, it was a shambles of a day.

Way too many cars booked on and driving standards were appalling. I accept, driving standards cant be controlled by the trackday organiser but having too many cars booked on was definitely one of the root causes.

The worst part was the fact that opentrack acknowledged the day was a shambles and offered a discount code to attendees for a follow up event. This was in 2017, I'm still waiting for my code.
Since then I've heard of a few similar stories of opentrack booking too many cars onto events. I might just be bitter so take my view with a pinch of salt but the underlining feeling I get with opentrack is that the organiser is a bit of a con artist.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Mebz said:
I like my own company plus I'm a billy no mates. I've done quite a few track days where I go on my own.

As for trackday organisers, they are all very similar. At the end of the day it comes down to the drivers on track. The organisers cant really control who books on.

However from the ones I've used, my order of preference would be...

1. Circuit days events
2. Msv
=. Track obsession
=. Javelin

And then there is opentrack...

I will never use opentrack again. Quite a few people rave about opentrack. Personally when I used them, it was a shambles of a day.

Way too many cars booked on and driving standards were appalling. I accept, driving standards cant be controlled by the trackday organiser but having too many cars booked on was definitely one of the root causes.

The worst part was the fact that opentrack acknowledged the day was a shambles and offered a discount code to attendees for a follow up event. This was in 2017, I'm still waiting for my code.
Since then I've heard of a few similar stories of opentrack booking too many cars onto events. I might just be bitter so take my view with a pinch of salt but the underlining feeling I get with opentrack is that the organiser is a bit of a con artist.
I‘m the same, I‘ll never use open track mate they are shocking :-(

Msv is my fav and go too lol :)

Linus27

Advanced Member
I have June 23rd Brands Indy evening booked. I also have Silverstone GP booked for October and hope to do Spa in October as well. I usually go with mates but have been on my own to a few so don't mind that.

Best track day organiser by a country mile is Lotus on Track. After that then Circuit Days and MSV.

As for Opentrack, it's really interesting the comments here. I've done 2 with them so far and they have both been a bit of a mess. The last one was at Donington in February this year and it was an absolute shambles. The driving standards were so atrocious that we had to stop the day mid way and have a second briefing and telling off as there were so many red flags. It was supposed to be a track day but you had a whole bunch of time attack and race cars turn up and take over as it was cheaper than doing a test day. Some even turned up in those big F1 style lorries to transport their cars, completely covered in sponsors. It was a free for all on track with some not obeying the rules and so many cars were black flagged and sent home. The organisers didn't really care or had any control of the day. If I'd known then I wouldn't of booked Brands and Silverstone with them this year but I won't be booking any more in the future.

Mebz

Advanced Member
Dont feel as bad now for giving opentrack a hard time .

(Still wont be using them).

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Opentrack trackdays seem to attract certain type of people. I don't know what it is, but the driving etiquette is shocking every time. People don't let you past, even though I've been in your mirrors for the entire lap. I've come across 'learner' cars on track, I always give them lots of room and never make them feel pressured but you'll get people flying up the side of them and just intimidating people.

I've never really had any of that behaviour on trackdays organised by the others, and if there is, it's dealt with swiftly. Also Opentrack seem to consistently overbook, leading to constant queues to get on track.

Circuitdays are by far my favourite TDO, low numbers and the days seem to run super smooth.

However I have booked the 17th of June with Opentrack for a Donington Evening. The last one was an absolute disaster with them but the dates work for me so I've had no choice but to book with them, hopefully they've changed.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

20Drift

Members
Staff member
Thinking of Brands, Cadwell or Snetterton in June/July as all my holidays have been cancelled this year!

mil1lion

Advanced Member
I've booked an evening session at Snetterton on June 24th, and 2 novice days in July, Brands Hatch 13th July and Bedford Autodrone 27th July, all with MSV

ErA

Oulton Park on 27 June, Donnington on 29 July and Spa on 9 November booked at the moment. Looking to book Anglesey in September assuming Wales is open for business again 😁

Linus27

Advanced Member
Joe Oliver said:
Oulton Park on 27 June, Donnington on 29 July and Spa on 9 November booked at the moment. Looking to book Anglesey in September assuming Wales is open for business again
I also have Spa on the 9th and 10th November booked