Just had renewal quote

Welsh-Rich

Advanced Member
Just had my renewal notice (ok, just found my renewal notice :oops: ) and decided to have a quick shop around.

Egg quoted me £1010 as a renewal with no mods, actually up on last year by hundered or so.

Tesco quoted £1592 with exhaust and air inductions kit

And after I told Adrian Flux of the quote I had with A-Plan, the bloke didn't even bother carrying on.

A-Plan - with £2500 stereo cover, exhaust, air intake, further mods allowed, unlimited mileage etc - £845 :shock:

Time to cancel the egg policy (had to take that out due to lack of cover :oops: ) and call a-plan back.

Advise anyone to give them a call - actually had two quotes from them for the same amount, but one with limited mileage, and this one without.

So happy today :D

chris cc

Authorised Advertiser
My insurance is up for renewal in a month so i'm hoping they give me a decent quote... and one for a 2nd car too :lol:
It's time for a runabout to keep the teg away from the daily grind and wintery weather. 8)

andyd

Advanced Member
hmmmm i may have to get a quote for that then :roll:

All good news ....

Andy

mikegsi

Staff member
a-plan have always been good to me, but i think conned myself when i got my first quote from them....

was still in a haze about getting her when i rang for a quote. when asked for my previous quotes i gave them the exact amount i had been told, they beat it by £2.
reckon if i'd said £100 less they still would have at least 'matched' it!

live and learn!!!

consider myself to be a right 'pikey' when it comes to stuff like that as well!!!!

T666YPR

Get off the site you gyppo!! :evil: :lol:

Unless you got a good deal going on some pegs 'n' shit!! :wink:

mikegsi

Staff member
dont have any pegs at the mo, but can get some!

doing great deals on lucky heather at the mo.

wanna buy a 'dag'

:D

Zero7

Advanced Member
Can you double check your stero cover, I'm with A-plan and wanted to cover my ICE but they would only cover it to £500.

truffs

something i never do, tell the insurance company whta i have been quoted, let them work for it and when they beat it say A plan quoted me £50less than that, ican assure you they will always match 9/10 :wink:

mikegsi

Staff member
as i say, i wasnt thinking at the time, i normally say about 150 less than my cheapest quote, gives them something to work for, but was excited when i rang aplan and everything went out the window!

andyd

Advanced Member
truffs said:
something i never do, tell the insurance company whta i have been quoted, let them work for it and when they beat it say A plan quoted me £50less than that, ican assure you they will always match 9/10 :wink:
right time to say i got a quote for 50.99 then

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Andy

Welsh-Rich

Advanced Member
Zero7 said:
Can you double check your stero cover, I'm with A-plan and wanted to cover my ICE but they would only cover it to £500.
Wil, double check that, but they did ask me was my stereo set up costing more than £500. I gave them the figure and they seemed happy with it. Just have to see what they say. :?

Zero7

Advanced Member
Welsh-Rich said:
Zero7 said:
Wil, double check that, but they did ask me was my stereo set up costing more than £500. I gave them the figure and they seemed happy with it. Just have to see what they say. :?
I double checked with them today as I needed to call them and they said the norm is up to £500. So you might want to give them a call for your own peace of mind.

Welsh-Rich

Advanced Member
Zero7 said:
Welsh-Rich said:
Zero7 said:
I double checked with them today as I needed to call them and they said the norm is up to £500. So you might want to give them a call for your own peace of mind.
Cheers for that, will need to wait till morning now though :roll:

andyd

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
dont have any pegs at the mo, but can get some!

doing great deals on lucky heather at the mo.

wanna buy a 'dag'

:D
LMAO

thats brillant!!

Andy

Welsh-Rich

Advanced Member
Zero7 said:
Welsh-Rich said:
Zero7 said:
Very strange. I spoke to them today, and even though they have may stereo cover down as £2k plus, they will still only cover upto £500 :shock: :(

They did say though that i could list them under my house insurance, and claim against the contents insurance should I need to :?

How exactly can you claim for car stereo cover against property contents insurance? Or is this just an excuse?

Very confused (and slightly concerned) Rich

mikegsi

Staff member
i think it depends on the type of house contents insurance you have.

if you loose something valuable in the street, say a wedding/engagement ring, you should be able to claim on your house insurance.

also if you check it sometimes covers you for your belongings while abroad, meaning that you dont really need all the seperate holiday insurance that people buy, just the bits that cover delays and illnesses etc

truffs

andyd said:
truffs said:
right time to say i got a quote for 50.99 then

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Andy
no, youre just being stupid now :xsmachbottom: :lol: