Just picked up the Toda Race manifold!!

Trung

Advanced Member
Quality of the pipe work and welds are truely high class.
Hopefully I'll have it fitted on for the big CTR meet at South Mimms/Ace Cafe.

IslandR

thats sweet.
how much did that run you?
i want the comptech race header myself, im only worried about the light in my dashboard. I hear i can buy something to trick the ecu to think the cat is there, but i have no idea where to get that.
I usually only tell my girlfriend this, but anyway very nice header!

Trung

Advanced Member
The CEL is an indication that your cat is faulty but with a race header you dont have a cat so theres nothing to worry about, it'll not put the car into limp mode.
I chose this over Comptech because Comptech will cost also the same amount with an adaptor after its shipped into the UK.
Yeah you can get Casper o2 simulator which tricks the ECU.

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
That is one nice bit of kit, I love the build quality of some of the Honda Tuners, if I showed you a Janspeed 4-2-1 for mine, the difference is shocking.

Glad to see people using Toda, I highly rate them.

Trung

Advanced Member
Type R - Matt said:
That is one nice bit of kit, I love the build quality of some of the Honda Tuners, if I showed you a Janspeed 4-2-1 for mine, the difference is shocking.

Glad to see people using Toda, I highly rate them.
Yeah tell me about it. lol
I have a Janspeed 4-2-1 manifold and decat on my Micra too (the only manifold avaliable for the Micra :lol: ) and the quality is truely poor. They used heat resistant paint and the first happened when I turned my engine on after fitting it the bleeming paint started to melt off. :lol: :lol:

Also forget the mention that the manifold is pretty light and along with my Spoon system it'll probably saved me around 10kgs over stock system.

Trung

Advanced Member
Hi Li :)
How are ya?
I chose Toda because its better VFM than Spoon and also its been developed to make the most out of Toda camshafts if I ever wanted to upgrade in the distant future.

Theres noway the extra cost goes towards a badge. Obviously Toda, Spoon, Mugen etc. spent so time on R&D on their parts, the cheaper alternatives are just copies and quality will always be inferior.

JDMCTR

Hi Trung, I'm fine thanks, you?

Yup, had a feeling you'd say that about the Toda, seen you posting about the camshafts before :wink:

FunkyProduct

Advanced Member
What's your thoughts on taking the CAT out? Will the DC5 pass an MOT without the CAT?
My FTO is de-cat'ed but I argue the point with my MOT guy every year and he passes it on a non-CAT test but I cant see the DC5 being allowed thru on a non-CAT test... whatcha recon?

Trung

Advanced Member
Got the manifold fitted:D
The acceleration is staggering after 5500rpm. The noise level gets to the point where I can bare it anymore. Spoon sub silencer should be with me in a couple of weeks. :)
CEL came on after 50miles but that will be solved with Casper o2 sim.

Are Japanese racing teams any better than British (for ex) racing teams because their welds look slightly neater
You tell me whats a better alternative for K20a?
I very much preffer buying race parts thats been built with data from bench dyno test and actual competition.
Since when did I say Jap race teams are better than Brit race team because of the welds?

FunkyProduct

Advanced Member
Hi
I'm actually interested in the differences between the Toda one and the Comptech one... any thoughts?
Personally, I'd go for this Toda manifold and Toda cams every time cause speaking as someone who works for a company who actually sells Toda (and cheaper alternatives) I can safely say Toda is the bee's knees. However, if you're on a budget (which most GTR owners usually arent) then the cheaper alternatives are a God send :)
Just my 2p
....anyway, what do you think between the Toda and the Comptech then?

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITORED AND RE-POSTED
Those that who were concerned have been sent a PM detailing the reasons why :!:

Mike

Trung

Advanced Member
Chris
The Comptech race manifold is no much cheaper than Toda.
I've already looked into this before making my purchase. I wouldn't even consider JR manifold because of the reports I've seen on ClubRSX.

Comptech header=$995
Adapter required = $125
Total = $1120 = £617 + shipping and import tax

I have no doubts that power gains with Comptech are very good as they are high end Honda tuners in the US.