K20 Pro ... Am I happy .... YES very happy

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
:D

Had my K20 Pro fitted at CPL Racing. Guy even went out of his way for me by staying there until 8pm so that I could pick my car up and show me the K20 Pro software. He has spent two days tuning my car and has tried all different settings to get the most out of my mods.

Boy what a difference.. the car pulls nicer through the whole range and even has a nice bit of punch if you put your foot down in 6th gear..

But its the lower gears that makes your really smile.. Roll on trackday :twisted:

Anyway all I can say is, it's a must for anyone that has a few mods and want to get the most out of their car.

Below is a pic showing you in RED my car before the K20 Pro with just Hondata and my mods, the Blue is with K20 Pro and mods... Look at the Ftlb :twisted: nice......

I have also gained whp.. was 188.4 before now 194.4 so thats about 230BHP..

If you are interested in a K20 Pro or a Hondata ECU you can contact Guy on 01795 668778.. Tell him your off this Forum or you got his number from me and I am sure he will be able to answer your needs

UW

Trung

Advanced Member
That is mighty impressive Mark.
All that extra power is worth it with the K-Pro. One particular member from the CTR forum reckons its only worth while if your car is serisouly modified (ie FI or wild cams) however I disagree.

jonster

Advanced Member
Hi Mark,

Looking good dude. I'm getting worried you'll be too quick next Saturday at Goodwood now :(

Is this the 'race-map' you mentioned or the 'road-map'?

Did Guy alter the fuel tables as well as the cam-angles? What's the VTEC point now?

It's interesting that the VTEC dip that I suffer on my dyno is a mountain of torque on yours. Cool. There still seems to be a slight torque drop off at 4000RMP. I guess it's too soon to ask if you notice this when you are driving.

Nice one mate!

Jon

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
jonster said:
Hi Mark,

Looking good dude. I'm getting worried you'll be too quick next Saturday at Goodwood now :(

HEHE WELL I NEED A LITTLE HEAD START ON YOU AS YOU KNOW THE CIRCUIT

Is this the 'race-map' you mentioned or the 'road-map'?

ROAD MAP :D

Did Guy alter the fuel tables as well as the cam-angles? What's the VTEC point now?

YES HE DID.. AS FOR THE VTEC POINT .... HEHEHEHE :wink:

It's interesting that the VTEC dip that I suffer on my dyno is a mountain of torque on yours. Cool. There still seems to be a slight torque drop off at 4000RMP. I guess it's too soon to ask if you notice this when you are driving.

TO BE HONEST I CANNOT SAY I DID NOTICE ANY FORM OF DROP OFF WHEN BOOTING IT.. JUST KNOW IT GOT TO 125 IN 4TH BLOODY QUICKY :D

Nice one mate!

WHY THANK YOU KIND SIR.. NOW MOVE OVER AS I AM COMING THROUGH :twisted:

btw TEINS are going on tomorrow ... whoooo hoooo

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Hey John, if your bored and have nothing to do tomorrow, come to Fleet and help me fit my TEINS :wink:

BTW the bloody O2 sim is still on my car, Guy forgot to take it off.

I will call you and explain later mate

UW

jonster

Advanced Member
Hi Mark,

No worries on the o2 sim for the moment. I've only had the engine light come on once so far. I'm glad Guy has got your map done nicely.

Give me a call about tomorrow when you are free.

It's interesting reading the experieces of the US guys with their K Pros. Looks like Doug is working like mad on updates and keeping people informed. I've just discovered he's done a KPro Training page and has done some videos :-

http://www.hondata.com/techk-protraining.html

Cheers,

Jon

swlabhot

As you change your mind more than you change your Y-fronts, so at last good to hear that you're happy with your car!!

Nice smooth power delivery but the torque is a little jagged? What is your VTEc xover now set at? around 4500rpm?

Mr_GaBIG

Looks like it is at 4400rpm

Your torque curve is very bumpy and does not look right, it needs to be smoother; there is a huge dip before the crossover.

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
hi stevey

If you are in on Sunday durning the day I might pop over... bring my laptop and let you have a butchers at my settings :wink:

Will call you during the weekend mate

UW

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Errr had to retact my last comment because I am a total muppet :oops:

... Mr_GaBIG .. your right it is around that mark (infact lower)

Just asked Guy about that dip and he wasn't sure why it happens just before the power kicks in, but as you can see on the Hondata run that it use to do the same thing before..

But on the road you don't feel or notice a dip in any form..

Sorry about that Mr_GaBIG

UW

Mr_GaBIG

No worries Mark 8) :wink:

I reckon the reason why you do not feel a loss in power is because of the VTEC engagement at that point. Do you feel the VTEC kick in?

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Mr_GaBIG said:
No worries Mark 8) :wink:

I reckon the reason why you do not feel a loss in power is because of the VTEC engagement at that point. Do you feel the VTEC kick in?
Hmmm not really .. but that was the same as when I had hondata... it didnt have the massive kick me in the teeth VTEC jump like it use to at stock, instead it was just a smooth progessive engagement... so I am guessing that the K20 Pro is just doing the same thing

UW

Duckhunter

Unnamed_warrior said:
Hey John, if your bored and have nothing to do tomorrow, come to Fleet and help me fit my TEINS :wink:

UW
Hi Mark,

Sorry to but into a conversation I know nothing about. But do you mean Fleet in Hampshire? I live in F'boro next door.

Would be cool to spot the big R in the flesh!

Cheers,
Patrick

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Hello mate yes indeed I mean Fleet in Hampshire. Come on by and say hello.

I will be there from 9.30 till whenever we are finished..

Go to Junction 4A off the M3 then (if you are coming from the east direction (london) you take a right at the 1st round about then right at the 2nd round about, at the 3rd round about take another right.. (there is a petrol station on your left) ... You will then be on a long road with a railway track on your left hand side..

Anyway about half way down that road is a turning on your left with a small sign on the path saying TGMSports or something like that.... turn in there and come along a very bumpy lane... so go slow... and at the end turn left and come on down to the garage..

If you want to come I will PM you my mobile so give me a call if you are lost..

UW

Duckhunter

Blimmy!!!

Any closer and I could just jump the fence!

Will give you a ring mate or pop down if I can make it.