K24 swap - Ancillaries?

Spetz

Hi everyone,

I bought a DC5R shell which I plan to restore.

I will be doing a K24/20 build, but wondering which power steering, AC compressor and alternator to use.
Do these have to be from the DC5R or can they be from the K24 donor car (in my case the K24 bottom end is from a CL9).

Spetz

I should mention that this is an AUDM Type R shell and the K24A3, which is the same as the USDM K24A2.

JustinEET

Advanced Member
I should mention that this is an AUDM Type R shell and the K24A3, which is the same as the USDM K24A2.
Those parts are interchangeable.
You should concern more about the oil pump since you are using the K20 head.
You won't be able to take advantage of the higher rpms until you get DC5 oil pump, and it will have to be modified to attach to K24 block.

Spetz

Those parts are interchangeable.
You should concern more about the oil pump since you are using the K20 head.
You won't be able to take advantage of the higher rpms until you get DC5 oil pump, and it will have to be modified to attach to K24 block.
Thanks for that Justin.
Yes I do plan on swapping that out and most likely will do an engine rebuild, just trying to figure out a roadmap for it currently so I can start following it.

I have a damaged K20A engine which will be the donor for most of these parts but the K24 I have has about 160,000km so I would like to freshen it up