Kakimoto Regu 06&R

Paudie_DC5R

I'm considering purchasing the above exhaust system to replace my buddyclub prospec system because for me its too loud on cold start up. Does anybody know how loud the regu is on cold start up? Is it much louder than the oem system?

leejw87

Spoon Whore
I quite like the sound of the regu its unique.. Almost sounds like it has boost going through it

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
leejw87 said:
I quite like the sound of the regu its unique.. Almost sounds like it has boost going through it
This is what I am told a lot. Couple of times people have asked me if my DC5 is supercharged!

Quiet below 6k almost OEM, absolute beast above. Very well tuned for sound exhaust.
IMO, there is no better exhaust for sound when it comes to being quiet when you want it to be and loud when you want it to be.

I used to do a lot of town/city driving and needed the exhaust to be quiet.

But on track it drops jaws.

Here is a vid of how Jekyll and Hyde it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9bhYYiVl_c

National Speed Limit road BTW.

Oh I must point out, the mid section does hang quite low, so keep an eye on that.

Mark_teg

Staff member
I've been told mine sounds like a turbo too, as it gives a deep whooshing type of noise (difficult to explain).

I have a manifold with mine, as well as RBC and GM. My neighbours haven't said anything, but my other half says she can hear me for a while when I leave in the mornings.

As I said to somebody the other day, you could offer me double what I paid for mine and I still wouldn't sell it :)

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
My mate described it as a 1000 carrier bags being dragged up the road, lol.

Not the most flattering description, but strangely accurate!

jambo

Advanced Member
Had one of these exhausts and it was amazing. Wish I had never sold it. Sounded the nuts. Been on the hunt for one since I sold mine. Looking at a new one now.

jambo

Advanced Member
littl ed said:
Iv been told mine sounds like a jet engine!?
Was told the same when I had mine, and it def sounded it when it was on the rollers

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Ha ha, I've had the Fighter Jet comment too!

Really is a bonkers exhaust that's almost silent around town.

David Fox

Advanced Member
hondafreek said:
Where did everyone get their system from, I'm after one of these :)
PM Injection Imports on here. I have bought mine through them. I'll let you know what I think of mine when I get back to England and fit the thing. I like the Jekyll and Hyde theme about it.

redcap

Advanced Member
I just had one of these fitted and I find it's almost too quiet! Hard to get used to having had a Spoon N1 for 8 or 9 years.

Can anyone tell me if the back box of yours hangs in a straight line or is it slightly angled across the scoop of the rear lip? Mine is slightly pointing right as you look at it from behind.

It also hangs very low!!! One reason why i'm thinking to go back to the Spoon.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Having seen one in the flesh, they do angle out the the right a bit, they are supposed to. I quite like the way it does that personally!