Kakimoto regu06 and mugen intake, noise limit reading??

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
Hi guys,

Anyone have a kaki and a mugen intake and had there db recorded?

Many thanks for any help

Hobs

I have that set up with a solid Fab manifold, you should be okay as it's very quiet. I don't have a DB reading as we don't check it here in Ireland.

But I can get a reading off my phone for you of you want.

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
Hi mate,

Thanks for the response!

I have checked on my phone and one app gives 102 and the other gives 89/90 so concerningly different lol

I am doing a track day at Thruxton and there limit is so low at 90db so was just a bit concerned, but I really don't feel my car is that loud so I feel like it should be fine.

Would be interested to know what reading you get though?

Hobs

I've gotten 87-92ish mark with the app I use, I've also tested it with the calibrated DB meter at work and gotten very similar values.

Compared to my mates DC5 with a dc-sports cat back and teg m, I was 5-10db lower

So I imagine you would be fine

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Think you should be alright with that. Kaki isn't loud and the mugen is close to OEM.

ollieh17

Advanced Member
Thruxton is a strict circuit. 90db isn't that loud at all. Be worth popping down somewhere nearby to get a reading

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
Thanks for the reply guys,

Ollie that is indeed what scares me, I've booked it now so I suppose it's a hope for the best kinda thing lol

Its an hour away from me so a pain to go get tested and it's the closest one to me.

I'll try and borrow a proper tester from work and have a try out with it

carl hammond

Advanced Member
When I was looking at exhausts I narrowed it down to two systems Fujitsubo RM01A and Kakimoto Regu.06&R

I opted for the RM01A as it was the lightest and quietest allround but your setup will be fine, I have done many trackdays with mine and never had an issue and the two systems produce the same DM at 6K rpm (93DB) on static tests. With the rest of your setup you will be safe as I run an AEM long arm and that produces most of the noise my car does and at Brands I am well under the DB on static and drive by mate

ollieh17

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
When I was looking at exhausts I narrowed it down to two systems Fujitsubo RM01A and Kakimoto Regu.06&R

I opted for the RM01A as it was the lightest and quietest allround but your setup will be fine, I have done many trackdays with mine and never had an issue and the two systems produce the same DM at 6K rpm (93DB) on static tests. With the rest of your setup you will be safe as I run an AEM long arm and that produces most of the noise my car does and at Brands I am well under the DB on static and drive by mate
Thruxton is 90db though

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Thruxton is 90db though
Is that their static or drive by? if Drive by it would be around 88-89 I would say from experience but if static, wow that's tight, Brands static is normally 102 - 105 and drive by
Evenings are the harder ones with 102 static and 90 drive by

ollieh17

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Is that their static or drive by? if Drive by it would be around 88-89 I would say from experience but if static, wow that's tight, Brands static is normally 102 - 105 and drive by
Evenings are the harder ones with 102 static and 90 drive by
Static

ollieh17

Advanced Member
One of the fastest tracks in Europe. Price you pay. It's cheap too

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
One of the fastest tracks in Europe. Price you pay. It's cheap too

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Will have a look as Brands GP and Silverstone are circa 550 each a day and I planned on both this year

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
Yeah thruxton is 90db, done a couple more checks today with a few apps and so far so good, getting 88/90db, so fingers crossed!!

That being said what do people think of running a bung? Anyone do this themselves?

Yeah Thruxton cheap as, 139 quid for the open pit for the day, seems a bargain

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
For anyone that's interested, I did the track day at Thruxton, great fun, had a really good day, was run really nice and smoothly.

My exhaust was tested at 88db, so that's kakimoto regu06r and mugen intake. So no problems there.

Thanks for all the help and hopefully see some of you guys out there one day 👍