Knocking Noise

Greedy Sheedy

Morning Guys,

Quick query if anyone has time to answer it. I've had a knocking noise on my car for a while, I started noticing it at very low speed cornering, however it seems to have got worse and worse and now I hear it a bit more going over bumps and it feels almost like the ride is stiffer than before (not that it could get much more stiff). I guess it's suspension related, but I don't have the tools or space to check (no jack and no driveway).

Any ideas as to what it is? If it's definitely suspension then I can possibly kill a few birds with one stone and get some new pads, new wheels, alignment and obviously this issue sorted (if I can find a garage in/around Bristol).

Anyway, any help would be great.

Cheers,
Greedy

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Very low speed is drop links generally.

Probably the weekenst part of Honda suspension components.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Greedy Sheedy

A little update and a few more questions. I replaced the drop links as they were looking a bit worn, however the knocking noise still persists and is also happening at higher speeds. Steering wheel shakes slightly over 60 and front end just feels.....loose. I have no idea and am not an expert, does anyone have an idea of what this could be?

Also, anyone in the Bristol/Cardiff/Bath/Swindon area that knows of any good garages?

Greedy.

skengdR

Advanced Member
could it be the shocks ? since changing my shocks ive stopped hearing some sounds that I was hearing before. I would get a knocking only on hard left turns during low speeds

changing the track rod ends and drop links in the next fortnight so ill keep the forum updated

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Greedy Sheedy

Hopefully not the shocks as the warranty will be gone on them now...would be typical. It wouldn't surprise me given the amount of massive potholes about, I should claim off the council!

Johngreen537 said:
I'm in Swindon. Happy to look if you need.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
I'll pm you dude =)

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
I had same issue, just a single knock when going over speed bumps, this was after I fitted new track rod ends. Turns out they wasnt sat in the hole on suspension turret properly. So could be worn track rod ends ?