Kpro fitted now rev hunting bewteen idle and 200p rpm

Lynchdc5

Just had a kpro fitted today and a reflash map installed on my dc5.

Now the car is rev hunting . Is there anyway i can fix this on kpro. Im new to kpro so will need to be explained to me😂

My mods are kpro. Aem v2. Rbc. Dc sports manifold and fujitsubo cat back.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
What is a reflash? If you've not had it mapped properly then that's probably your issue right there. Who mapped it for you?

Lynchdc5

Its just a map that hondata provide that is safe for every car to run. This fella is a proper hondata dealer.

Lynchdc5

Kpro is throwing up fault code Code P0452 is defined as a Evaporative Control System Pressure Sensor Low Input

skipper

As your fella is a proper hondata dealer, why not just take it back to him to sort out? That's what I'd do (assuming problem wasn't there before hand).

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
Did you replace the intake/throttle body before placing the KPro?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Lynchdc5

Car has now been professionally remapped and when I take it out of gear it will rev to 2k then back down to idle .

So hasn't made any difference

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
Are you sure you have no vacuum leak? As you said you replaced the intake manifold. If there is a vacuum leak the car hunts/bounce also to 2000 RPM.
Just use some brake cleaner and spray at the vacuum hose connections. If the car revs higher you have leakage on that part ;)

Lynchdc5

Ok everyone the revving was back with a vaginace tonight it would just hold the revs to 2k rpm when out of gear and then once i put the car back in gear it would come down if i was in the low rpm wile in gear driving .

Really has me to the point where i dont want to drive the car .

Tryed looking for vacuum leaks and i couldnt find any. So iv now replaced tps, iacv and renewed the throttle body gaskets and its still there .

Is there anything i can do in kpro to stop it ?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I know it sounds ludicrous but have you taken the car for a good spirited drive at all? I mean prolonged revs through various gears? It normally helps you know, obviously try and do it somewhere safe and not with other cars/pedestrians about. I find getting it through the gears especially 3rd and 4th really help clear any issues.

Lynchdc5

Yeah its been revved as much as a honda should be lol .

The thing that got me was the car was fine until the kpro was fitted.

Hobs

Try taking a look at the thermal idle valve on the head, these can some times get damaged when fitting the RBC.
Its a little plastic T piece to the right of the intake manifold, has a hose running to the center of the intake manifold and to the intake hose.

I think this is what makes the car rev a 2000 rpm when started from cold.

Lynchdc5

I think that valve is fine. It when the car is warm its just really has a mind of its own .

Going to strip inlet and throttle body tomorrow and re fit.

"omadc5"

Lynchdc5 said:
I think that valve is fine. It when the car is warm its just really has a mind of its own .

Going to strip inlet and throttle body tomorrow and re fit.
Did u get to this issue solved??

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk